Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Have a couple of questions: I know I have a 1994 Vulcan 750, but how do I tell what type (750-A2,750-A3, etc?) They reference all these different types in the manual, how do I know which one I have? I assume I have a Non-Califoria, US model, but is there a way to verify this?

Also, it says in the manual that my bike has some sort of system that is supposed to automatically turn off the turn signals, but this does not happen on my bike. How can I tell if I even have this feature?

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
the A2, A3, ect..refers to the model year, pretty useless sense their all the same. the auto turn signel cancle was only on the 85 model i think. others with more tech info will chime in im sure.

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
Also, it says in the manual that my bike has some sort of system that is supposed to automatically turn off the turn signals, but this does not happen on my bike. How can I tell if I even have this feature?

Thanks!!!
Does the signal turn off by itself? No? Then you do not have that feature ;)

The self canceling turn lights were only available on the first few model years... I too forget which ones..... But I do know a 94 model did not have them.

KM

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
peterherrm if you check under the cover on the right side front of bike where you service the cooling system. There is a tag there that gives you the 750 model that you have.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
If it's a California bike it will have 2 lines coming out of the rear of the gas tank, the one on the left is a tank vent the right one goes to the Cal. junk... If you pull up pretty good on the right front of the seat you should be able to see the Cal. line...
Suggest if you are not in Cal. and have the Cal. junk, yank it off and block off the outlet to the Cal. line...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan madness Peter.
All info given above is correct. First model year was 1985 = A1 up to 2006 =A21
Self cancelling turn signals were only from 85 to 88.
IIRC, it is the same model years for air adjustable preload in the fork tubes.

Roll down to post #3 for a history of changes to the vn750 over the years.
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1771&highlight=color+year

It is not totally complete but contains answers to most of the commonly asked questions.

Note that the 699cc models in 1985 were only imported into the USA due to restrictive import duties on any larger motorcycles. These duties were dropped in 86. USA bikes from 86 on, and all other models worldwide have been 749 cc capacity for the whole 21 years of production.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts