1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hey guys! Check out these $.99 forward controls I got off of ebay!

*laugh* I wish. Sorry you missed the deadline. That's a serious let down.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought someone might say that, lol, maybe even for real.

Lost count how many times I've done that, think I would learn. Have also snagged a lot of good deals though.

This might have cured the horrible leg:butt:seat: pain ratios.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Yeah, a bit of stretch would be nice. I'm mulling over some extensions for my highway pegs so they're further forward. Haven't checked to see if I'd be able to bump them forward and still be able to avoid giving myself a high speed pedicure.

Wouldn't mind a heel-toe shifter either.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently I've become a slow learner.

Just missed a kaw 900 seat for $12.

arrrrgh

Wish my phone could do something about this!

·
Expendable newbie
309 Posts
If that keeps happening to you, then you should put in a bid early. eBay lets you put in a max amount you are willing to pay, but it doesn't go up that high unless someone else out bids you.

In the past, I know that I will forget to come back in time to bid on the item, so I put in the max amount I’m willing to pay. Set it and forget it. Most of the time it doesn’t even go up that high unless it’s a highly sought after item.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True, I've used proxy bids a lot. Guess I was playing mind games, trying not to show interest since there was one bid on the FWDs, two bids on the seat.

Yep, I need to stick with proxy!

Hard to believe those new FWDs going for 99 cents where they used to list as high as $700. That's about the 3rd or 4th set from that seller in the past 8 months that started at that price. Wonder how many more they have? Hmm, may be time for an email.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
This is the best use of eBay. When people bid each-other up they're just throwing away money.

Never bid past the first bid until the last 2 minutes, or it's a waste of money in my eyes.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
You didn't miss them for 99 cents. Those sellers know what they are doing with no reserves and high bin's. They have a shill bidding account that puts a proxy in at say $250 so the buy it now looks huge, the bid price is a buck. if you keep trying to bid you don't become high bidder until you beat their fake bid. It stays at a buck until someone else bids, but the proxy bid is $250 or $300 at least.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You didn't miss them for 99 cents. Those sellers know what they are doing with no reserves and high bin's. They have a shill bidding account that puts a proxy in at say $250 so the buy it now looks huge, the bid price is a buck. if you keep trying to bid you don't become high bidder until you beat their fake bid. It stays at a buck until someone else bids, but the proxy bid is $250 or $300 at least.
Ordinarily, I might think that, but these items from this seller have gone cheap every time they've been listed. Far less than $200 even.

Shill bidding exists, but I've also gotten those 99 cent deals by being the lone bidder. I think this one is legit.

Could have already snagged some for cheap, but have been on the fence as to whether it would help, or make things worse. Finally decided to try them and resell if I can't use them. Some I've posted in the ebay thread, some I've just not bothered. At least one member here got a set via one of those posts.

That ebay thread is pretty much irrelevant now since they keep deleting the newest posts from it. Makes no sense.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Ordinarily, I might think that, but these items from this seller have gone cheap every time they've been listed. Far less than $200 even.

Shill bidding exists, but I've also gotten those 99 cent deals by being the lone bidder. I think this one is legit.

Could have already snagged some for cheap, but have been on the fence as to whether it would help, or make things worse. Finally decided to try them and resell if I can't use them. Some I've posted in the ebay thread, some I've just not bothered. At least one member here got a set via one of those posts.

That ebay thread is pretty much irrelevant now since they keep deleting the newest posts from it. Makes no sense.
I think the thread is too big and their database freaked out about it, maybe start a new one to replace it?

·
Expendable newbie
309 Posts
With the shill bidding account, does the seller’s fake account pay the real account or does he just cancel the transaction?

One way you can check if the seller has a shill bidding account is to check who the bidder is. They show the first and last letter of the bidder's account and if it is the same every time then it's most likely a shill bidding account. However if he has more than one shill bidding account then this method is no longer effective, but you can try to look for patterns.

Reactions: Thorn

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With the shill bidding account, does the seller’s fake account pay the real account or does he just cancel the transaction?
Not sure, but somebody probably at least has to give ebay their fees for the completed auction. Could also look for the suspected shill showing up repeatedly in the seller's feedback.

Tanner, you may be right, don't know what the record is for number of pages in a single thread.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
I have been accused of selling on ebay, and having a shill account drive up the price.. I didnt have anyone doing that, I just wanted to sell the old logitech controller I had.. a couple people got into a bidding war, and it ended up going over the retail of a new one LOL

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm, maybe it could have been a shill bid. Got an email early this morning that says the item was relisted, that wouldn't happen if the auction was completed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts