Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to pick up my buddy and his bike today because it died on him. It wouldn't start but it would crank fine and freely, pushing fuel out of the exhaust. Got it to run briefly and the rear cylinder was making pinging noises. Got it back, pulled the plugs and checked conpression, rear cylinder is down at 90, front is at 120. We've had a similar issue with it not running before but the compression difference is new. Swapped out the plugs because that solved it last time. Checked spark in the meantime and its got spark at both cylinders. Now it'll run but not well. Rear cylinder is running fine but the front cylinder is making noises now. Was running great yesterday before all of this happened. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Intake valve stuck open on the dead cylinder? Push fuel out of the pipes means way too much fuel.

Making ticking noises?
It wasnt a steady ticking, more of a random ping. Stuck my camera in there, everything inside looks fine, currently chasing down a potential vacuum leak, he marbled it a week or 2 ago, I'm wondering if he left a line loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts