Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 Vulcan 750, best I can tell this bike was the same from early 90's to AT LEAST 2003, possibly later. Bike is MINT with 2900 ORIGINAL miles. Comes with 2 covers, 1 new in box, extra oil and filters, new in box K&N filter, new in box air pump for rear shocks and a bike lock. Price is OBO or will trade for another motorcycle/dirtbike/enduro, ATV, golf cart or things that go BOOM! Located in Illinois, hour north of Chicago. 60041 zip.

$2500 obo/trade

Looking at other similar Vulcans for sale online.... For $1500 you get a 93-96 with 25 THOUSAND miles. I think mine is worth an extra $1000 for 2900 miles. I have already put 3000+ on my CBR this year and I have only been riding 2.5 months, weather been crap!

Attachments

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Low mileage does not always mean it's worth more....

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: kryptonianjorel

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
extremely low mileage is actually a detriment to most vehicles... rubber dry rots, fluids go bad, ect, ect

I would be willing to bet the tires are originals, which means that anyone riding on them is asking for a casket with their name on it.. so you would have to add a couple hundy for new tires before you do anything else with it. Also, battery (if not replaced just due to it going dead from age) will need to be replaced, there's 80ish bones as well..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maintenance was kept up on it regularly, oil changes, tires..... There is no dry rotted rubber, I looked the bike over pretty damn well. I have been working on bikes for years and not the back yard type of mechanics either. So what you are saying is that.... if a 93-95 Vulcan with 25,000 miles is selling for $1700, that bike should be preferred over a low milage bike because its been used more and will be in better mechanical shape? I'd rather spend the extra $800 and get a clean bike that isnt dry rotted and get the extra 22,000 miles of life out of it..... battery is a couple years old, been on a tender on/off. Its fine.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
Low mileage does not always mean it's worth more....

bingo!

22 year old bike with 2900 miles? That's about 131 a year. Why wasn't it ridden more is what I'd ask, how long did it sit? How old are the tires? Has it even had an oil change?
extremely low mileage is actually a detriment to most vehicles... rubber dry rots, fluids go bad, ect, ect

I would be willing to bet the tires are originals, which means that anyone riding on them is asking for a casket with their name on it.. so you would have to add a couple hundy for new tires before you do anything else with it. Also, battery (if not replaced just due to it going dead from age) will need to be replaced, there's 80ish bones as well..
Maintenance was kept up on it regularly, oil changes, tires..... There is no dry rotted rubber, I looked the bike over pretty damn well. I have been working on bikes for years and not the back yard type of mechanics either. So what you are saying is that.... if a 93-95 Vulcan with 25,000 miles is selling for $1700, that bike should be preferred over a low milage bike because its been used more and will be in better mechanical shape? I'd rather spend the extra $800 and get a clean bike that isnt dry rotted and get the extra 22,000 miles of life out of it..... battery is a couple years old, been on a tender on/off. Its fine.
so, with only 2900 miles on the clock, how many times has the oil been changed? what is the date on the tires? have the rear splines been lubed? when was the last time the brake fluid was changed? what do the air filters look like? are they original? if so, how often have then been removed, cleaned, and re-oiled?

lets see, according to KM math, this bike got ridden an average of 131 miles a year. that's about 1, full tank of gas, a year. as for the tires, on average, this bike should be on it's fourth set of Bridgestone Spitefire tires, by now. hmmm........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like we got a whole **** load of haters here....... Its all good, I will just donate it and take the tax write off, or scrap it.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
No not so much, really. We are telling it like it is. Here is a low mileage problem for you... The balancer bushings behind the stator. The top ones are out of the oil for a long time and dry out, causing severe vibration and replacing them requires an engine removal unless you've got the tuxedo mod...

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
Sounds like we got a whole **** load of haters here....... Its all good, I will just donate it and take the tax write off, or scrap it.
sorry that's how you see it. but if I was to take a look at a bike that old with only that amount of miles on it. those would be the questions I'd ask.

No not so much, really. We are telling it like it is. Here is a low mileage problem for you... The balancer bushings behind the stator. The top ones are out of the oil for a long time and dry out, causing severe vibration and replacing them requires an engine removal unless you've got the tuxedo mod...

yup, we are just calling them like we see them. again, sorry if you see it other wise.

either way, good luck on the sale of your bike. I hope you get what you want for it. it's all good.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
We all here have heard all ends of the spectrum with these bikes...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts