Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm going to be taking a look at a 94 Vulcan 750 tomorrow and was wondering if there's anything specific I should be looking for? It has about 33,000 miles on it. It looks very clean from the pics but I haven't seen it in person or heard it running. I can tell from the pics it has aftermarket exhaust. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Obviously check for leaks. Ask about routine maintenance, if the splines were ever lubed. Ask if he rejetted the carbs for the xhaust or not. Maybe if he's ever had to tighten up the cam chain tensioners

·
2,502 Posts
Take a volt meter and pull the seat. Check voltage at the battery while running @ 3000 rpm and make sure it's over 14v. Take a spin and make sure it goes through the gears OK.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Take a volt meter and pull the seat. Check voltage at the battery while running @ 3000 rpm and make sure it's over 14v. Take a spin and make sure it goes through the gears OK.
X2 check the voltage people have been known to sell these bikes with bad stators so you want to make sure the stator is charging the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts