Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered Badass
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cosmetically it's showing it's age but there are some good working parts left.
I'll keep this list updated as things go. Paypal only. PM me if there's something you need.

Stator Moved to ebay

Tuxedo Plate made by Rags & Pre-Grinded Stator Cover (all necessary bolts included as well)

(4) NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

Seat (2004, stock but in good shape)

Speedo Cable & Gear Moved to ebay

Floats Moved to ebay

Starter Solenoid/Relay Moved to ebay

Handlebar Electric Controls Left Moved to ebay

Handlebar Electric Controls Right Moved to ebay

Right Passenger Foot Peg and Bracket Moved to ebay

Headlight & Front Signal Brackets Moved to ebay

Shift Lever Moved to ebay

Again, these are just noteworthy. If it's stock and not listed below I probably have it!!

Petcock

Carbs

Left Side "Ear" Airbox

1 of 2 Connecting Tubes for Airbox

Both K&N Air Filters

Brake LEDs (Fit in stock sockets)

R/R

Mirrors

Turn signals

Instrument cluster

Spark wires

Tool Box

Radiator Switch (Part #: 27010-1167)

Windshield

MF Battery

Speedometer

Tachometer

Camera/GPS Mounts (You can get them here: http://www.rammount.com)

Throttle Cables

Starter

Left Passenger Foot Peg and Bracket Moved to ebay

Front/Left Foot Peg Moved to ebay

Front/Right Foot Peg Moved to ebay

ECM Moved to ebay

Choke Cable Moved to ebay

Ignition Coils Moved to ebay

Ignition Switch, Locks & Keys Moved to ebay

Pickup Coils Moved to ebay

Final Drive / Pumpkin Moved to ebay

·
Registered Badass
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is from last year. It's got a little more rust but this is pretty accurate. The gauges suffer the worst in terms of rust (as they tend to do).

The side covers still have some residue from the Vulcan logos. They're functional but not pretty.

Here's a shot of the opposite side of the tank. As you can see there's a small ding. Otherwise it's in pretty nice shape. The Vulcan logos came clean off the tank.

This bike has traveled 45,000 miles. It is a CA model which I've ridden to FL where it is now.

·
R/R = Relocated *******
628 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered Badass
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have a speedometer for sell?
I do, but as mentioned the gauges are pretty rusted. The threads for the screw that holds the plastic shell together is busted as well. Nothing a little glue can't solve.
The tach is in similar shape although they are functional.
If you or anyone else is really interested in something suitable for a rat rod then shoot me a PM.

Attachments

·
Registered Badass
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why are u parting it out??
It's got a bunch of minor issues that I'm just tired of messing with. The carbs have been a constant thorn in my side. The right side engine cover has a small oil leak. Just about all of the rubber has been replaced or needs to be replaced (PO parked it by the Pacific Ocean while serving as a marine for 4 years).

I have enjoyed countless rides and seen some wonderful places on the back of that thing. It kills me to let it go. However, I was recently laid. So rather than continue paying insurance on a bike that's been sitting I figured it was time to let her go.
This forum has supported me and that bike for many years now. Eventually I'll start putting stuff on ebay but I want you guys to get first dibs.

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
So u got laid?? Or laid off??? Lol sorry ...
That sucks man..i would rather see u try to sell the bike whole than part it out...

Good luck bro.

·
Registered Badass
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the bike certainly did help in that dept! ;)
Here in Florida there are a lot of bikes/scooters available for cheap. I don't think someone would want to take on such a project when they could just buy something comparable with no issues.
That fact is why I decided not to keep it myself. I could slave over it for months/years or I could simply buy a new one. As much history as this one has it just doesn't make sense to keep it. I believe it has more value in parts than the project I'd be handing over to someone else. I could be wrong, but it's a bit too late now to worry about it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
hows your frame ?

I was trying to make some changes to my 86 and messed up mine at the down tube sorry to say it unrepairable if you still have yours I'd love to talk with you about getting it from you. I only have 10,000 mi. on mine and really want to try and save her. Feel free to call me at 989-630-7899 thanks

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
I always hate to see a bike or vehicle that still has life to be parted out...never to be driven again :( but its like organ donation...it may keep many other bikes and vehicles on the road that needs parts...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Got the radiator part today!! Thanks a :pepper: bunch!!

·
Registered Badass
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@hundreddollarhotrod The frame is solid but it might be some weeks (months?) before I have everything else stripped off the bike.

@gcextreme It is sad but sometimes that's the best option. I had put a LOT of work into that thing too. I'm keeping a few of the upgrades for my next bike so at least I'll have some goodies :)

@Gavron I do still have the locks. I'm trying to sell them as a set. Sent ya a PM.

@BeeSea Awesome! Glad it made it there before the weekend!

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
the parts i got off of you for my friend are now installed and in the wind that was exactly what he needed along with getting the water out of his tank that his kids poured in there

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
the parts i got off of you for my friend are now installed and in the wind that was exactly what he needed along with getting the water out of his tank that his kids poured in there
Oh, so that is why we have locking Fuel caps ! :doh: LOL

:smiley_th

1 - 20 of 35 Posts