Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

Just bought a 94 VN 750 on Friday. Halfway through my dusk/evening ride home from the purchase the headlight began to flicker on and off. On for a minute, off for a minute. I replaced the fuse and checked the bulb. Both appear to be good. Issue persists.

After scouring the forums my next guess is the relay needs to be bypassed? Are there any pics of someone who has done this already. I'm having trouble finding them. I know this isn't necessarily the right place to ask this question but any guidance is still appreciated.

Other than that I love the bike, it runs excellent provided the sun is out and there is light to see by. 15,000 miles, extended passenger backrest, saddle bags, and windshield. Beautiful teal paint.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,314 Posts

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
here is the pic from the manual

go to your bike and locate the 8 pin connector

unplug the connector

find the wire marked position 8 on the connector it is the one that has no wire next to it

push the wire for location 8 out and push it into location 7 which is the empty slot that was next to 8

reconnect the 8 pin connector and turn the ignition on but do not start the bike

if the headlight comes on with the ignition in the on position and the bike not running then the bypass is complete

happy hunting

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How to push out wire from connector

Should the wire just pop out? Did you use a certain tool to get it to come out of the plastic connector?

I'm afraid of breaking the plastic. Please advise.

Thanks!

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Should the wire just pop out? Did you use a certain tool to get it to come out of the plastic connector?

I'm afraid of breaking the plastic. Please advise.

Thanks!
it has a little catch in there a tiny flat head should do the trick or radio shack has a special tool you can buy

if you are afraid the plastic will break then get a little female spade connector and remove the plastic from the spade neck then just cut the wire and crimp the spade on and shove it in the empty slot

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,314 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it fixed!

Tonight I was able to successfully bypass the headlight relay, and go for a short night time ride. :rockon:

Thanks for the help in solving my problem!

Cheers to y'all! :beerchug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts