Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the plugs and battery because my bike wouldnt start at all unless hooked up to a battery tender. Now the bike starts every time, but in the low RPM range, I am getting a lot of miss fire and hesitation. The carbs were just cleaned and rebuilt, but I do not think they were synced. Could the carbs not being synchronized cause this? Or is there some other problem I am over looking? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dude, you're posting in every catagory! And yes, you should have the carbs synced, especially if you had them rebuilt and cleaned. Also, what else did you do? How's your plugs? And it sounds like your battery is bad or needs to be charged.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im only posting it in multiple categories because Ive been having a problem with getting no help, lol and the plugs and battery are brand new, which stopped the problem of the bike not wanting to start without a battery tender, but i still have miss fire in the lower RPMs, but a sync is what i was thinking

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Ignition timing could be off........ could be running lean.
Also check the plug wires, vacuum hoses, fuel line, etc......
there are a million or so things that can case a miss

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
If you double or triple post your problem in every forum you will just piss everybody off, and nobody will respond. My advice is go back and delete the the threads on the other forums before anyone replies to them. It is frustrating as hell to reply to a thread, then think it was lost when I run across a carbon copy on another forum.

For your benefit and any others new to this forum, you can find all posts since you last logged on by clicking on QUICK LINKS at the top of the page, then click on TODAY`S POSTS. You do not have to search each individual forum for replies to your threads. Don`t ask how long it took me to figure this out. lol

Excuse my shortness in the first paragragh, I don`t often vent like that.

BTW, welcome to the Vulcan madness.

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
Im only posting it in multiple categories because Ive been having a problem with getting no help, lol
Please don't do that. Folks here are very helpful, and usually very timely with a response. But multiple posts are annoying, and more apt to result in folks ignoring all the posts.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
Patience is a virtue young one

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
do you smell fuel at idle, have you removed the plugs after running for a bit to examine for flooding. yes it can even happen on newly rebuilt carbs. when i did mine I accidentally had the floats set too high. causing it to flood and stall after running on the highway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry bout the multiple post guys im new to this forum thing and just thought it would help get results, wont happen again

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
No problem man, I was a forum and riding newbie a couple of years ago too.
Thanks for deleting the other posts in the engine and carbs forums.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so this morning i went out to start the bike to head to work and now today the bike wouldnt start at all and i ended up killing the battery trying to start it, gahh i cant win haha

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
You mention new battery and plugs. Many folks here report good results with AGM batteries and iridium plugs. Have you tried any of the suggestions yet? When you do, let folks know the results.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So i think i found the culprit, today i took the plugs out and they were already burned up and black after just two short rides. rich mixture, so im thinking a good tune and sync of the carbs should fix it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts