Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody get a 90 degree valve stem for ease of filling the rear tire? I see a couple of these items for sale, but none with jcwhitney or other known suppliers, so I'm hesitant to pick one up without knowing it's compatible.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Harvey

I have 90 degree valves fitted to both of my bikes in Kuala Lumpur, don't know the manufacturer but they work well and are so much easier to use than the vertical valves. Makes it so easy to check the tyre pressures.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought a 90 degree extension from this on-line vendor...
http://automotive-hardware.com/tire-supplies-tire-valve-extensions-c-5_9.html
no relation, no previous affiliation. Not only did they have the best price I could find at the time, but they shipped same-day and it arrived fast. It works great. I don't leave it on the tires because I read somewhere it could throw the balance off. I keep it in the saddle bag and screw it on when I need to check pressure or add air.

When I eventually need new tires, I will have a permanent 90 deg valves installed.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I have a permanent chrome 90 on my back wheel. Works great. I have a few left over as I bought 10 or something like that off ebay at the time. I believe any standard size (.430 hole size or something like that) will work.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
I also use a 90 degree on the rear. When I replaced the rubber I had the tire guy install one for and extra $2 works great.

Peace :beerchug:

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Just make sure when you place an actual 90 degree valve stem on the rear tire you get the all metal ones. If you use a rubber base the rubber will eventually crack from "catching the wind"

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Also if you use the rubber one the centrifucal force will cause it to break. That happened to me on my pick-em-up-truck. I had heavy valve stem caps and that caused the valve stem to break. I lost my air in seconds. It was a rear tire all was well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a 90 degree extension from this on-line vendor...
http://automotive-hardware.com/tire-supplies-tire-valve-extensions-c-5_9.html
no relation, no previous affiliation. Not only did they have the best price I could find at the time, but they shipped same-day and it arrived fast. It works great. I don't leave it on the tires because I read somewhere it could throw the balance off. I keep it in the saddle bag and screw it on when I need to check pressure or add air.

When I eventually need new tires, I will have a permanent 90 deg valves installed.
Thanks! Exactly the kind of info i was looking for. :smiley_th

·
Registered
43 Posts
Awesome, I need to get one of these. I ended up modifying a bike pump to fit it, since i could not find ANY pump that fits in there! What a dumb design.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Which did you get, the replacement valve or just the extension?

Those do look pretty cool, but I wound up ordering the ones from rick's and got them yesterday. They work perfectly.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I got the extension as well. Looking forward to being able to both inflate my rear tire AND check the pressure! I picked up the 90 deg and the 135 deg to see if there was a substantive difference. I should have them next week. I'll be in the UK for work until Friday so I won't be able to try them out until next weekend.

·
Registered
135 Posts
For what it,s worth , The vn900 comes with a 90 on the rear wheel,however I couldn't find a part number or even see it on a parts diagram.Maybe ask the dealership.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts