Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

9-15-13 Ride into PA, then to OCC

12K views 93 replies 12 participants last post by  Wolfie 
#1 ·
Hi all...

Posting this ride up, so far we have Myself KC2dog and Wolfie.

Hope to get some PA guys to meet up with us near location B

Figured if the PA guys wanted to head back after OCC they can shoot back across 84

Figured I would post this and see who may be interested

Note: location E will not be used, that is Gully's eatery, but they will be closed for the winter season by the 15th.

We have plans on getting lunch near the OCC building.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...nnsylvania+18301&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=14&z=9

Kenny

See less See more
#2 ·
I believe I am off that weekend so I am going to get ahold of Bill and see if he is interested in taking the ride also. I already know his comments about OCC but I still think it is worth at least seeing once just to see the custom bikes on display. Thanks Kenny.

#3 ·
forgot to mention we will also hit motorcycle pedia history museum

kenny

#5 · (Edited)
Just a note....15 mins at OCC, and 2 hrs at Motorcyclepedia....we can even skip the Tuttle stuff if all want and stop at Mikey Tuttles gallery instead....its actually pretty cool....

Fer the guys in PA or south Jersey...if it runs late, we can accomodate a few overnight, and ya bang on down the road Mon morning....287 I was thinking....but thats up to you guys.....I got enough fer about 30 Wolfieburgers too....so, we grab a few frosties, and crank the grille....I got a double fold out and a 3 man tent.....plus a kickazz screenhouse that can double as a tent....all up to you guys....

Or...we can all walk up on the mountain, and sleep on my special rock overlooking my lil village....I aint done that in awhile....

Tom....If you and Bill commit, Im gonna prolly can going to Catskill then for the 3 days.....as is, Im more than likely just going one night....always next year, if i make it, lol....

#6 · (Edited)
just got back from yhr Philly area doing a job, where is location B? plan on me being there and more than likely sleeping somewhere. Wolfie are those venison burgers?

duh...its been a long day...yea location b is doable, just need a time to be there

#7 · (Edited)
I can make venison burgers if ya want....I got 9 lbs ground....but the Wolfieburger is local Angus....farm not 3 miles as the crow flies.....

And I think the best meetup is right near where 80 meets up with 209 in E Stroudsburg....place called The Water Gap Diner....we got all backroads to go down there, but aint far....and you guys can hook up with 80 or whatever is best for ya.....last year we met in Blairstown, NJ, just 10 mins away, but the diner was way crowded due to the Blair Witch thing (was filmed there)....
If we meet a a lil sheit place in PA, I think better off....just 5 mins to 209 then, our main route.....

If we run into bad weather, I got lotsa places we can bail to, to sit it out.....Gyps in Lake Kittatinny being one, then we can keep runnin up 284 to 84 and continue to Newburgh.....Kenny knows a few spots in Port Jervis too we can dodge drops in if needed.....

#18 ·
I can make venison burgers if ya want....I got 9 lbs ground....but the Wolfieburger is local Angus....farm not 3 miles as the crow flies.....

And I think the best meetup is right near where 80 meets up with 209 in E Stroudsburg....place called The Water Gap Diner....we got all backroads to go down there, but aint far....and you guys can hook up with 80 or whatever is best for ya.....last year we met in Blairstown, NJ, just 10 mins away, but the diner was way crowded due to the Blair Witch thing (was filmed there)....
If we meet a a lil sheit place in PA, I think better off....just 5 mins to 209 then, our main route.....

If we run into bad weather, I got lotsa places we can bail to, to sit it out.....Gyps in Lake Kittatinny being one, then we can keep runnin up 284 to 84 and continue to Newburgh.....Kenny knows a few spots in Port Jervis too we can dodge drops in if needed.....
Those Wolfie Burgers are S L A M I N' !
:smiley_th

#8 · (Edited)
angus is fine with me, should be a good ride.

hell i may run 209 all the way up

#9 ·
I done it years ago....was a nice ride then....my aunt and uncle, RIP both, lived in King of Prussia just outside of Philly.....took longer, but was worth it....

From us to the meetup, its lookin like just shy over an hour....we can leave at say 8 or a lil later and meet by around 930-10....that will put us in Newburgh just before lunch....we moon em all at OCC, have lunch, then hit Motorcyclepedia.....you guys can hang, or those who need to bail can.....I figure at lunch and after, we play it by ear anyway.....

Guys that wanna stay, we can ride more locally for a Hudson Valley tour (then beers and burgers), the guys that need to bail can jump right on 287 home.....we're easy up here....all we ask is when ya come, chip in fer the beer, lol....

Fer the guys that stay, you'll be hittin The Mountain Rest Bar, Grille, and Shooting Range...yes, seriously...."cold beer, good food, ugly bartender"....honest........a place that you'll never ferget though....right Ant and Merc ?....

....and we got the Pioneer too....biker friendly since the 70s....

#10 ·
looking like this is shaping up well.... looking forward to it!

Kenny

#12 ·
i guess i have to worry about the helmet nazis in ny and nj...huh?

#14 ·
Not exactly sure what you are meaning so I will ask. Will you be riding with a helmet in NY and NJ on this particular ride? I am not trying to start a discussion on the pros or cons of helmet laws in any shape or form here. Each must make their own choice and live or not with it in case of a situation.

#13 ·
yeah ny and nj are pretty strict about having at least something on your head.

#15 ·
In PA i have a choice......I like that

#17 ·
I wil take pics, by law in NJ and NY you gotta wear a helmet, but I guess you still have a choice, to get a ticket haha

kenny

#19 ·
...we'll be ridin in Pennsy on a relatively quiet road for awhile (209 thru the Del Water Gap Nat Rec Area)....I plan on being sans "brain bucket" unless its snowin, lol....
Conn and NH are the only other states here with no helmet laws, and I dont go there often enough....although a Marcus Dairy ride is in order someday soon....

#20 ·
I will be at Catskill mtn. thunder.gotta go.my club requires it.i'll be heading up there fri nite.can't get Thursday and Friday off so am heading there Friday nite after work

#25 ·
Give me a buzx if ys do.not gonna make it till late fri nite my club brothers will wrlcome you.you .my brother Jared said i could give you his # so you can call him if you get thete before me.i got a new phone(same #)but i ran my old phone through the wash before i could transfer any #'s over .i am a self proclaimed idiot sometimes .lol

#22 ·
ill try to remember my home made pepper bacon

#24 ·
Well, so far it's a go for me on Sunday. No overnight stay though. I'll try to get another friend or 2 to join in. Goofin (Dave), I could meet up with you around Lickdale and we could head up together.

#26 ·

that will work. ill see you before that to pick up the seat and who knows what else. i should have my new battery and my lights hooked up by then.

#27 ·
as for the overnight stay, I do have work the next day, so that will be tough for me anyway, we should have an action packed day, but we should be all home before it gets too late. Looking forward to this ride!

kenny

#28 ·
BTW the meeting place is the water gap diner

55 Broad Street
Delaware Wtr Gap, PA 18327

I may be able to recycle the map to new locations that we will be going. But I just wanted to get this posted, now that we have some positive feedback I can fix up the map to be more accurate.

Kenny

#30 ·
wolf has this covered in post 9

"From us to the meetup, its lookin like just shy over an hour....we can leave at say 8 or a lil later and meet by around 930-10"

kenny

#31 ·
im really looking forward to this. i took the 16th off incase i had to stay overnight, if i dont ill still have it off to goof off. it will be great to put a face to the names i emailed and bought things from. Sharky88 (dave) is the only one i met. lets try and get a head count for burgers so i can bring enuff bacon

#34 ·
well ****, we will just hit a store on the way get buns and ice tea for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.