Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting new tires today, the Metzler 880's, I am pushing 300# and was wondering if anyone could recommend some tire pressures, my last set of Dunlop 404's didn't last very long, think I wasn't running enough pressure for my weight and sometimes I ride 2up.

Thanks

Bart

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I just got my Metzler's as well....

Don't have a tire pressure answer for you, but let me know how you like them after you get them installed (and how much you are paying for installtion if you aren't doing it yourself). Mine won't get on for a couple weeks most likely.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
There is a link to psi settings, when I find it I will post it.
The Metzler says 36 in ft and 38 in rear if I'm not mistaken.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, didn't get the 880"s, they didn't have them in stock and I needed some tires today so I got the Dunlop 404's again..........at my dealer you can get the front and rear (any brand) $250 installed.
Thanks for ya'lls posts.

Bart

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had conversation with an engineer from Goodyear tire & rubber in Akron Oh. He stated if you want to get the best mileage to run tire at max. pressure that is on the sidewall. Less pressure will give better ride. Do not over inflate, air pressure is taken on cold tire.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Max preasure may work for trailers but max preasure equals minimum surface contact. On a bike you don't have a lot of surface area to place with. I'll stick with MOM when it comes to tire preasure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts