Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright folks first post on this site for me, its actually for my dad, he just picked up a 86 vulcan 750 for free. well he had to replace the stator but the guy gave it to him. he just go the motor back in it. he says sitting on the bike not running it won't shift past 2nd. i told him thats normal cause hes not moving. he says it should still shift into third because hes rocking it back and forth. any ideas folks. any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Does it do it when the bike is running or going down the road? I believe a bike has to be turning certain speed and rpms for it to shift through the gears.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
alright folks first post on this site for me, its actually for my dad, he just picked up a 86 vulcan 750 for free. well he had to replace the stator but the guy gave it to him. he just go the motor back in it. he says sitting on the bike not running it won't shift past 2nd. i told him thats normal cause hes not moving. he says it should still shift into third because hes rocking it back and forth. any ideas folks. any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance.
I hope you dad is not a registered voter! Ther's your sign. :doh:

Start the engine and ride the damn thing, Does he sit in his car and rock it back and forth to get it in gear?

I think it's time to change the water in the gene pool!!! :doh: LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahha thanks guys, i learned at a young age not to fight with the old man, glad to see i understood the problem. thanks for all the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts