Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 where the choke lever has broken off. I bought it that way so I don't know how it's suppoed to look. The picture on the microfiche shows a realtively straight lever but I've got a piece inside the housing that goes around the handlebar and that is broken. Do I need to buy the whole assembly?

·
Registered
200 Posts
billhig said:
I have an 86 where the choke lever has broken off. I bought it that way so I don't know how it's suppoed to look. The picture on the microfiche shows a realtively straight lever but I've got a piece inside the housing that goes around the handlebar and that is broken. Do I need to buy the whole assembly?
bill...that piece is where the choke cable hooks up to. It is a ring w/ a slot for the cable barrel, and also has the visible choke lever that sticks out of the housing. I'm not sure if Kaw sells just the lever assembly...check the fiche at www.ronayers.com and let us know....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the ring and the lever one piece or two pieces? ronayers shows one straight piece. My ring has a broken piece that looks like where the lever attaches. I'm trying to find out if I get the lever will it include the ring?

·
Registered
200 Posts
billhig said:
Is the ring and the lever one piece or two pieces? ronayers shows one straight piece. My ring has a broken piece that looks like where the lever attaches. I'm trying to find out if I get the lever will it include the ring?
Bill...it should be one piece. It looks to be p/n 46092-1124 in my TechManualCD, called the 'lever-grip, choke'. I had this assembly off recently when I changed out my handlebars, and it's one piece, I'm sure. The base of the lever is an O-ring that goes around the handlebar. It has a slot for the choke cable barrel, and the whole thing fits in a track inside the switch housing....
When you get your replacement, you may have an easier time installing if you remove the bars...this will give you more slack in the cable....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Keep an eye on ebay - I've seen some left side controls on there once in a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts