Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue with it starting. The motor will not turn over. Problem seems intermittent case it will run great when it starts . Some times leaving it in 1sr great and holding the clutch will get it to start. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
Kaswasaki didn't make the Marauder, Suzuki did.

Best I can gather from what you said is it won't turn over...sometimes. But sometimes it will. And by turn over do mean it won't start running or that the starter won't even turn the motor (meaning NOTHING happens at all when you push the start button)

Two things to check....
Loose ground or ignition wires. Bad start switch.

Also possible ....bad spot on starter, bad ignition switch (the one you put the key in), sticking safety switch on clutch or sidestand, and bad starter relay.

Please introduce yourself in the Newbie Check In page and tell us more about yourself, and more details about the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i just did. And I mean it won't do anything some times the neutral light will show sometimes it wont

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Hi Smash,

Just letting you know, this forum is dedicated to the kawasaki vulcan 750, and while some of the members here do own other kinds of bikes, the expertise available is mostly for that one make & model. We can make guesses about what might be wrong, but you aren't going to get the detailed help that we would be able to provide to an owner of a vn750. I'd suggest (for your own benefit) trying somewhere like Marauder Discussion Forum | Cruiser Community where people more familiar with your bike could give better help.

Knifemaker's suggestions about checking for bad battery and ground connections, etc is good advice, but people with an intimate knowledge of the maurader wiring would be able to point you to prone-to-fail points, and would know which color wires at which connection point you would need to check to see if your ignition system is bad or not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I have an update guys I can get the bike to turn over by using a wrench on the silonid but the buttons won't do anything I have lights but with the bike in neutral I don't get a neutral light any thoughts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Check ground wires,battery connections,kill switch,ignition switch...not many here are familiar with the marauder.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Yup, they'll have a much better chance than we do. The starter circuit on the maurader looks pretty funky, and the kickstand solenoid and neutral switch are intertwined in a peculiar way. I bet there's a quick fix they'll be able to share immediately. Sounds like a bad grounding of the neutral switch, or a faulty switch. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts