Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

8000 members, how many active?

10K views 38 replies 34 participants last post by  dynajim 
#1 ·
There are now over 8000 registered users. How many are active, arbitrarily defined as having posted in the last six months?

#2 ·
I'm active.:beerchug:

#4 ·
Not as much as I used to be, but I check the site at least a few times a week.
If, in the Members list there was a category for date last visited, it'd be easy to find out how many 'active' members we have.

#5 ·
When im not deployed over seas Im on daily and post as much as I need help or have somthing to say. And now though my bike is not running and will not till after January i am still on daily seeing whats up.

#6 ·
I'm still kinda new, but very much active. This site has more information than I know what to do with / VERY HELPFUL! Thanks to all for making this site a wealth of information for the VN750's.

#7 ·
I'm relatively new but check the site often to see whats up and make sure i'm on top of info to keep my vulcan running great.
It's difficult to know how many members are still involved with the site, but the forums are very useful and helpful regardless of how many members there are, Unless you want vulcan riders to become a political force?

#8 ·
Yeah. I am not as active anymore. Mainly cuz I don't have a 750 anymore. But I still like to read some threads. Just cuz it ain't about the bike I have now doesn't mean I can't learn anything.

#9 ·
I cant beleive i missed the 8000 mark. I usually watch for it. 5000 when I joined almost 3 years ago. I try to stay pretty active but its been a little less since I started commuting 140 miles a day again, and yes, mainly on my vulcan!

#11 ·
I'm new (notice a trend I think, us new guys are pretty active) and check at least 1 time a week, sometimes every day.

Neat to know 8,000 people have had vulcans and hit the web, when you consider how few people use the web for anyting but Twitter and facebook nowdays its not abad number :)

#12 ·
Posted by VOIPDOC in a previous thread:

4985 = number of members never posted!!!!
3906 = number of over a year members and never posted
5391 = number of over a year members with less than 10 posts!!
0269 = number of members who have joined in the last year with more than 05 posts
0175 = number of members who have joined in the last year with more than 10 posts
0097 = number of members who have joined in the last year with more than 20 posts
0012 = number of members who have joined in the last year with more than 100 posts
0188 = number of members who have joined in the last 5 years with more than 100 posts

#13 ·
Been here since '08 and check the forum every, except for the layover last year dealing with a computer virus. I don't see as many familiar names as when I joined, but I know they are still there. Still talk to JD over on the Texas VROC forum.

#14 ·
Active?

Don't know if I qualify as active or not... I read the forums almost every day, been here for a few years. I pipe up when I have something relevant to say or experience that will contribute to the discussion. I have used information found here on numerous occasions, and I would be much worse off without this forum as a reference.

#15 ·
As in the last post will once again ask .What does it really matter how active a member is? My uncle used to have fascination with numbers,I for one don't care how much you do or do not post.I guess I am too active but I take it by spurts .personally I will be just as good to a person with 5 posts as one with 500.
What I would wonder is how many "active " members actually are site supporters? Dmag does a great job here and Dianna as well for cheap! I Plan on sending them a little more money again soon.For what this site is worth it is more than a bargain to us.It is a great place to hang out on the web and see what other's are doing to their bikes,It is a site y don't care tol et any one see ,because the standards are generally pretty high,and if something might be offensive we are usually warned before we read it.I am just thankful the forum is here,because it has allowed me to talk to people from all over the world with at least one common interest.It is what it is ,no more no less.

#16 ·
What I would wonder is how many "active " members actually are site supporters? Dmag does a great job here and Dianna as well for cheap! I Plan on sending them a little more money again soon.For what this site is worth it is more than a bargain to us.It is a great place to hang out on the web and see what other's are doing to their bikes.
Ditto Denny! I sent money to help support a few days after I joined and what a bargain!

This site has saved me so much $$$ and been so helpful, I just can't understand how people can just ignore sending a little something to help keep it going. I think everyone who thinks this site has helped them should send something, even if it's only a couple of bucks.

Times are very hard right now but even taking the cost of one pack of cigarettes or a six-pack of beer and sending it in helps keep it going. Won't break the bank and more beneficial to the member as well!

#17 ·
I think activity should not be recorded by posts. It should be recorded by that person's login. A lot of people are able to look at the Verses and fix their problems and/or maintain their bike because there is a lot of good information there. So it only makes sense if you are looking at how many registered, then you need to look at how often that person logs into this forum with that registered ID. This will give a more true number of active members. Its not not 100% because people can still read the forum without logging in but I think it will give us a better active number.

#20 ·
I think activity should not be recorded by posts. It should be recorded by that person's login.

I am always logged in.

Have not had to login for months I think.

Yahoo times out every now and then , forcing me to re log in, but here, and at a few other forums I stay logged in unless my PC crashes.

I would also have to say that just because you rarely post, it does not mean you are not "active", and as mentioned, who cares? The fact that 8000 folks have become members over the years does seem to imply that there are at least 8000 Vulcan 750 owners, even though it is possible that some over the time span are owners of the same bike. But still cool to know of that many 750's out there..(wonder how many are running? LOL)

I also wonder if those nasty spammer that join up get counted in that grand total.

I know I have been here a long time and no longer ride a Vulcan, but just like coming here and helping when I can......... and annoying folks when I feel like it. ;)

KM

#19 ·
Still kicking and sort of health. Ridding when ever I can, retired.

#22 ·
There are less than a hundred that are active members, most come for a quick fix then leave others have signed up many times because they can't remember their log in ID. Most members only chime in when there is a problem.

#23 ·
I'm "active". I login everyday, but read more than I post.

#25 ·
same here i am here every day just dont post alot:)

#29 ·
^ Ha, ha, sorry but I would just have to repeat what Jim said...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

#27 ·
Checking In

Part of my morning is checking to see what is new. Don't always log in but read a lot. It gets so you feel like you know some of the frequent posters. I'll refrain from naming any names for fear that I would miss some of them. It is always interesting to see what some of the guys have to say about some problems. I have learned a lot and continue to learn.

Mcneuby

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.