Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was surfing the net last night and came across a website that has mustangs seats for the 750, the only one they had for the 750 was the wide studded touring seat. I'm not real crazy about the studed seats, but they had the Day Tripper for the 800, just curious if the 800 seat would fit on the 750. I know mustang has stopped making the seats for the 750 and i'm not sure if this site even has them in stock anymore, but i thought i would ask here before i looked into it any further.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
if by fit...you mean it looks good on the bike..then yes...but if fit like just unbolt the old one and put the new one on..no...it needs modding to fit right

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what i have gathered looking around the forum, the stock seat is held on basically by a tab in the front and a bolt in the rear, would it be as simple as fabing up something for the tab in the front and drilling a hole in the rear fender for a new bolt? I haven't even seen my bike yet and wont untill hopefully christmas so i'm not sure how the seat is actually on there, just going off of what i have seen/read on here.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
The Vn750 seat has a built in passenger backrest, kinda low but still significant since this is where the two bolts attach through the tool box to hold the back of the seat in place.
The VN800 doesn't have this back piece and has a single bolt that attaches to the fender, so you would have to fabricate mounts front and back and then decide what you are going to do with the back of the toolbox
The VN800 also has a single frame piece on top and doesn't Y out until further back. It's one of the problems I had trying to fit an 800 tank on a 750 frame. With that in mind the seat pan may also be narrower and not sit down on the frame like it should.

You can check out both seat and frame for both bikes if you look at the online fiche at Ron Ayers
http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/Main/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/MakeID/3/Make/Kawasaki

1 - 5 of 5 Posts