Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going for a nice ride this weekend, from 'Kearney Nebraska' to 'sioux falls' 'South dakota', then on saturday to 'Mitchell South dakota' then back again in 3 days.
Pickin 'Steel guitar' in country band if any you party animals are out that way!
Name of the band ' Westwind'.:beerchug:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Do you have any recordings of Westwind on cassette tape or CD. I`ve been listening to C&W music since the early `60s, and I love the steel guitar. Unfortuneately the "New Country" artists don`t seem to use it anymore.

I hope you have a comfortable saddle on the bike and a soft seat on stage for the pickin`, or you could be suffering from "numb bum" before the weekend is over.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Hope the weather is good. Does your guitar travel with the band or on the back of the bike?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Ha! My steel weighs 96 pounds. I'm sure it's traveling with the band equipment! Mastertech, what do you play? I've played for about 20 years but haven't been on it much since the last band folded in 04. I'm just starting to get back on it again. Its such a fantastic instrument.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Fergy, it sounds like ZB at 96 LBS haha!! Sho-bud D10, rear neck set up for rock slide and Dobro open G.
P;S Spent many a late night in your beautiful state during my 'Road years' 93-2002.
Gorgeous women, but i cant stand the heat ode chap!:beerchug:

·
Registered
721 Posts
if it don't have a steel guitar, it's second rate music..
of course that's my $.02

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
I used to play in a band with an outstanding Pedal steel player. He had a beautiful Emmons and man that guy could play. Frankly he was better than the rest of the band but he never made us feel inferior. When he was a kid Ben played behind many of the big acts in Nashville and he taught us so much about the nuances of country music that just get lost in todays country music.

R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts