Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Test run. The stainless exhaust i tig welded in sound crispy. The coasters and carbs were built like my other daily and has just the right amount of crackle to it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Test run. The stainless exhaust i tig welded in sound crispy. The coasters and carbs were built like my other daily and has just the right amount of crackle to it.

Good stuff bro, that thing sounds sweet. The white looks real clean too. You did all that work pretty quickly.
So is there an “8th” in the works? Lol

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I’m sure there will be a 15th. Lol. These are fun to build. Lot’s more to do to this one yet, then I’ll be focusing on my daily. I want to do things differently than he wants so i can get some ideas of how this rides when done and decide what to do with mine.

This one will get custom forward controls and stretch the legs out. He is getting pretty tall and gangly so he will grow another 2” probably and he is tall as me.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Here’s how the new frame design fits the fender, quite well.

Attachments

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
How do you make a rear fender tuck on a non rigid? You design new mounts. This video will explain how it works.

Attachments

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Yes do it with bushings so you can tighten the pivot bolt down. Awesome idea

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

Reactions: One1

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Warmed it up and rode around the block for the first time. It rides very well, but will need some carb adjustments. It’s loading up pretty quickly. No biggie, runs great though. Really nice deceleration crackle.

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thank ya! I have enough parts to build another on a scratch built frame, but I’m gonna need a title and it’ll be all VN750 parts so i wanna build it as a vn750. Anyone got a dead bike they wanna get rid of the title to? I’ll throw a few bucks towards ya. I’ve been wanting to do a stretched frame.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Wow that was slow shipping. Anyway seat is here.

Check out how i made the frame in relation to the seat. I did the frame over a week ago...... without the seat. Perfect curve to the top. I’m going to be changing the hinge on front to sit lower, but this is the jist of it. After it’s final mounting I’ll be making the covers for any space. I have an idea for under the seat, think accordion. Soft black material. Now, all that said i may not use the springs at all. Those are for hard tail. Depends on what he wants.

Attachments

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Yeah I don’t really care what he says at this point there’s no way I’m building the springs to this because that is for a rigid only and this is not a rigid and it looks a whole lot better without the springs. Actually it works pretty good without the springs I like it OK.

Attachments

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well when someone sells you a VN750 for $200....... you take it.

Needed a tank and rear coil pack.

Came home and slapped a rear coil pack on it and my spare tank...... boom. She’s a rider!

Seat looks brand new, 16k miles. Splines ARE factory greased very well so just freshening them up and ready to go. Brakes are like new. Total ripper. Heckuva deal.
Funny enough there's an 80k mi Vulcan near me for $200 and I'm trying my best not to buy it right now

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Ok here’s what i went with. I like it. Has integrated turns that are yellow.

The custom fender mounts turned out to be a perfect place to make some sheetmetal runners for the lights.

Attachments

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
After tig welding the mounts in with silicon bronze i wired to the stock wiring and boom..... i like them. I’ll pick up an led relay tomorrow and make a video.

Attachments

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Happy with how this turned out. Also spent an hour tidying the wires and flex looming everything.

Attachments

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Starting on blacking out things now. I like chrome, but the surfaces are pitted and damaged.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Is that enough light for daytime? I don't know. Maybe if they were stacked together over the fender between the frame rails?

Just thinking about brake/turn signals in daytime. Didn't like the weak LEDs in my OE tailight, not real visible in daylight, I played games with the brake pedal to be noticed, but the old bulbs are going back in until I find something brighter. Less price can mean less light.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Look great any time day or night. No pics with the brake on, much brighter. Easier to see the running light in the day than stock. Got the wheels black, working up the neck to the bars now.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 67 Posts