Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, don't know if anyone else has experienced this but when I'm in 5th gear going about 45 mph steady, depending where I position my right leg can cause bike to buck and sputter. It's when my foot is on the peg and my leg is close into bike (especially hugging fuel tank) but when I put my right foot on cruise bar it runs like a champ. I've taped up spark plug leads and sheathed the wires up to the coil in case it was leaking or arching. I also checked under the seat to see if when I move my foot it changes riding position thus pinching or arching. I also checked all grounds. I'm fairly mechanical but this one is really a mystery and makes no sense. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Check the carb vents, and run it in the dark to see if the plug boots are arcing. The front right likes to arc to the throttle cables.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check the carb vents, and run it in the dark to see if the plug boots are arcing. The front right likes to arc to the throttle cables.
Yes Spockster, I think you are getting warm . The throttle cables were touching boot when I bought bike and that was first thing I addressed. I agree, I need to run bike in the dark. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Spockster, I think you are getting warm . The throttle cables were touching boot when I bought bike and that was first thing I addressed. I agree, I need to run bike in the dark. Thank you.
Update:
Up early this morning to follow up on vent hose which everyone seemed to surmise. I was checking each line coming off carbs and found an open end stuffed under other lines. Checked manuel for hose routing and guess what.....? You guys are good! Bike running as it should. Thanks Brothers!

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
After thinking about the plug wire issue, it shouldn't affect running as bad as described. Two plugs per cylinder!

Glad you found the problem!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
750 vulcan passenger foot rest

Top of the morning to all.
I'd like to install larger passenger foot rests on my 1995 750 vulcan. Do they make oem or aftermarket ones or can the originals be modified? Many thanks.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Top of the morning to all.
I'd like to install larger passenger foot rests on my 1995 750 vulcan. Do they make oem or aftermarket ones or can the originals be modified? Many thanks.
None in aftermarket, but you can modify to get what you need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts