Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Vulcan 750
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a bad cylinder I'm pretty sure and since I don't know anything about the internal works of the engine. Is it possible to swap the original 750 engine with a 1996 800 engine? Any pointers will be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
So I have a bad cylinder I'm pretty sure and since I don't know anything about the internal works of the engine. Is it possible to swap the original 750 engine with a 1996 800 engine? Any pointers will be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance View attachment 53763 View attachment 53764
What do you think is wrong with the cylinder? It doesn't look too bad in the pic.

·
Registered
1996 Vulcan 750
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you think is wrong with the cylinder? It doesn't look too bad in the pic.
Well I was cruising down the road back tire locked up on me but I was doing 100mph so I'm guessing it broke itself loose. Since that the oil light came on so I added oil. Got it started and putted about 150ft and it died on me. So I drained the oil and found metal piece's and fine shavings. Like I said I have 0 knowledge of the workings of a bike engine. Was told I probably dropped a cylinder. So I just started tearing into it. Pulled the engine now just trying to figure out what I'm looking at and looking for

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,435 Posts
750 is a shaft drive, 800 is chain.

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts