Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just swapped my 2005 bandit for a 85 vn750! It’s had a bit of “work” over the years..
The horn is completely missing (it has one that you squeeze on the bars!), I’ve picked up a replacement oem horn unit, but i can’t find the wires for it behind the light! Does anyone have a pic of wires(colours) going into horn unit, and assuming something is missing, where it joins the loom?

also, someone has painted the engine and frame (and wires, pipes, and everything else in the way) in what looks like hammerite - any ideas how to be rid? I don’t mind a bit.. but...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
The horn wires go straight into the harness, no connector, no headlight bucket.
They normally split off right where the harness emerges from the frame below and behind the headlight, so look around there for snipped wires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The horn wires go straight into the harness, no connector, no headlight bucket.
They normally split off right where the harness emerges from the frame below and behind the headlight, so look around there for snipped wires.
Ah ha! Prefect, will have a look! Thanks for your help both!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Just looked at mine. Four wires, two are brown and two are black/white. One brown and one black/ white go to each horn. Check them for damage as they are known to get stuck in the steering stops

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think this is the issue, I can’t find any black/white wire, nor can I find where I would have gone into harness

·
Registered
8,237 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Here's a shot (headlight at top left, horn at bottom left) of where the horn wires usually pop out of the loom, top center, two pairs emerge and go immediately to each horn. If they're not there you may have to unwind the loom on a grand search.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! Still couldn’t find it, strange! I ended up splicing a b/bw at the block connector under tank, running a new cable down and using an unused brown in random unused block connector by light. Seems to work! I might end up unwinding everything as you say, since somebody has been here before and done “odd” things!
But for now, thanks everyone for the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts