·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! haha

·
Premium Member
4,774 Posts
What he doesn't understand is that the NADA price for a stock bike doesn't necessarily mean a modified bike has an equal value. I wouldn't offend him by offering $500 because to me it's ugly as sin and that would be too much to pay! Don't like the color, seat, exhaust, bars, etc., etc. But someone else may.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I wasn't impressed with it either. It looks like he changed it from a Kawa into a Harley wannabe, but that is just my take.

·
2,520 Posts
It's on ebay here with a buy it now for $4000 or best offer, so I don't think $500 will cut it. lol

·
Premium Member
4,774 Posts
I was referring to his comments in the craigslist ad about not trying to lowball him with an offer of $300, $500, or even $1,000.

I love how he states in both ads that "THIS IS NOT SPRAY PAINTED". Then how did he paint it, with a brush? Guess he equates spray painting with a rattle can. It appears this guy really doesn't know what he's talking about.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
You know, I have seen a few paint jobs that came out amazing from a rattle can. Its all about prep and spray technique. Most people dont put in the proper prep work and it shows.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Yeah, I remember this guy too. If memory serves, he's a cop. He had a big write up on his progress as he built it. I remember asking him why there's a cop car in his driveway (in the background of a pic) and alluded to, "getting rid of the cops" and he was like, "that's my cruiser." LOL!!!!

The Craig's ad has quite a bit of attitude too. How has he "had offers" but no one could "come up with the cash"? If you've had offers, the peeps had cash - just not as much as you wanted. Do you think he knows that everyone looks like a low-baller when you yourself are a high-baller?

·
Super Moderator
11,865 Posts
I saw the eBay ad of this......I'm just laughing so hard I can't type....

Yes ... He painted it by hand..... You can see the brush strokes.....

I wonder if he'd take a hundred dollars just to remove the photos of his butt ugly bike off eBay?

Roflmao..........

Ooo...and he's right.... I now have a photo of this bike on my cell phone....so I can show it to others when they say there's no such thing as an ugly bike...

I emailed the photo to Jeff Foxworthy... he might use it as the cover of his next "You know you're a Redneck when..... " book.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was thrown off by his attitude first, and his calling everyone lowballers second. Besides that, The bike it not my style. I do kinda like the seat, but as a novelty, not to spend serious time on...

·
Super Moderator
11,865 Posts
O.K. ... enjoy ...

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17656

Actually, I thought the bike was badass. Just not $4k badass.

~~C8>
Yeah, the four grand is the better part of the humor. I like how that post back in March he said someone offered him 3000. He should of taken it when he had the chance. But .... Hey there's always someone out there with money and different taste....

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
"NADA value on this bike is 2400 for a stock bike." That makes his bike worth????? Pretty much nothing IMO. I sure wouldn't ride something ugly. And it doesn't look like a Harley. I'd say it looks like a rat bike, if he had just painted it flat black.

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Vn750 stock = 2400

Vn750 with much of Vn750 removed, tractor seat added and painted by brush = 3000

Initial laugh factor and ongoing humor in the forums = priceless.

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,865 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts