Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazing what 7 inches will do when your 6'3". Highway pegs moved forward and down from the engine guard, almost to far out now. Road real nice on the highway, goodbye leg cramps! Now to pull it all off for primer and chromed painting.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
If 7" turns out to be too long of a stretch (damn that sounds nasty :(), your design looks like it would be pretty simple to remove the pegs, cut the bracket back an inch or so, reinstall the pegs and try it again, repeating until you have the correct length for YOU dialed in. :smiley_th

I just got my Kury offset pegs properly positioned yesterday, and have two new possible feet positions.

Heel on the OEM peg and toes on the highway peg. I am basically covering the shifter and brake pedals in this position.

Lastly is feet wholly resting on the highway pegs.
It is possible to reach the rear brake pedal with your heel, but I will not whole heartedly endorse doing it until I have a chance to test it more somewhere away from traffic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm going to move them up 1 inch. and use the existing holes to mount running lights.

If 7" turns out to be too long of a stretch (damn that sounds nasty :(), your design looks like it would be pretty simple to remove the pegs, cut the bracket back an inch or so, reinstall the pegs and try it again, repeating until you have the correct length for YOU dialed in.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I just got my Kury offset pegs properly positioned yesterday,,,,,,It is possible to reach the rear brake pedal with your heel, but I will not whole heartedly endorse doing it until I have a chance to test it more somewhere away from traffic.
You will grow to do the right heel braking while your foot is on the forward peg. I've been doing it for 2 years now and don't even think about it. I've even down shifted the same way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts