Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Joker Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it states,,, i like the look of the 500's seat and rear fender vs the seat and rear fender of the 750,,, cant really tell by the looks of pics ive been refrencing,, anyone have any clue on this? ive been searching on here and other places forever but cant get an answer,, even tried my local shop.....

thanx all,, i got a 1992 750 (((for free!!))) and am tearing her down to repaint,,, and modify of course. :)

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
yes, I agree. I like the look of the 500 rear fender better too. but which model of 500 rear fender are you asking about? there are 2 models, the EN500 vuclan and the vulcan 500 ltd.

·
Joker Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool,,, ,looking at google images,, its the LTD i like,, the no backrest look and the ducktailed fender.......

·
Joker Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was trying to see if anyone knew for sure before i go and spend money on the fender.

nice katana!!

·
Joker Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
,,, or is that a shinobi??

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
was trying to see if anyone knew for sure before i go and spend money on the fender.

nice katana!!
katana would be correct. (shinobi -means ninja)

I do not know of anyone that has used either of the 500 rear ends on the 750, but that does not mean it can't be done. It would not be a direct bolt and play type thing. The 500 has a smaller rear tire does it not?

Many have altered the seat here, but not so sure about what fenders they used.

Perhaps someone that has fabbed up something simular will post up.

KM

·
Joker Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool,, i thought that was the straight blade katana with the square guard, i have a few of those,,, my bad :beerchug:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
The vn500 LTD has a 140/90-15 rear tire.
That is only 10mm (~3/8") narrower than the 750`s 150/90-15.
The 500 fender width should be close, but as mentioned it will not be a direct bolt on to the 750.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
The vn500 LTD has a 140/90-15 rear tire.
That is only 10mm (~3/8") narrower than the 750`s 150/90-15.
The 500 fender width should be close, but as mentioned it will not be a direct bolt on to the 750.
the fender on the EN500 vulcan is NOT metal, it is plastic! I'm not sure if the vulcan 500 LTD is metal or plastic.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have an 09 500 limited and it is a plastic fender. I do not know if it will fit the 750. I know the front fender of the older 500 is a direct swap but not the one off the 500 limited, the bolt pattern and angle are different.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
I have an 09 500 limited and it is a plastic fender. I do not know if it will fit the 750. I know the front fender of the older 500 is a direct swap but not the one off the 500 limited, the bolt pattern and angle are different.
do you have an engine guard for your 500 LTD?

·
Joker Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are both the LTD and the EN rear fenders palstic?

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts

·
Joker Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanx! :doh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts