Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, There is an 88 vn750 with 30k miles on it for sale near my place for 500 bucks. Non running, here is the link to the craigslist ad http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/mcy/2452979305.html

I have a 92 now that I did a stator and voltage regulator on and am now looking for another project, how do you guys feel about this one. Obviously there is not much info in the ad as far as condition of a lot of the stuff (stator,splines, etc...) but Im assuming 500 bucks is a pretty good deal even if it needs some work. Am I right to assume so, or should I proceed slowly with a lot of caution?

Thanks

Wes

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Well, he says it was running a few months ago when he got it, so it is worth checking in to for that price. You should get a pretty clear picture of the guy when you get to talk to him and if you feel there's something fishy, then you might want to back off. You could easily part it out if it is totally trashed, but the photo looks pretty good. Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Can i have the engine bars off it please......lol. sorry,the voices made me do it.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys... Rev it up, If I get it then decide to part it out you have first dibs on the engine bars :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
If i were you i would buy it. who knows maybe a carb clean and whatnot and you have a oldie but a goody bike.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Take a look at it, but proceed with caution for sure (having been down that road a few times now myself). Believe it or not, even if you part it out, it can be hard to get back $500 if some of the key parts (carbs, engine, for example) are a mess. If it were me, I'd take $300 in cash, go give it a look, and if it seems feasible either for parts or a rebuild, offer him the cash and see what he says. I have a $700 "project" in my garage right now that I wish I'd paid about $200 for. :doh:

·
Noob.
69 Posts
The battery is more than likely dead, theres probably **** all in the carbs, and I bet the tank is probably rusting. check it out. I bought my bike non-running, for 750. Its on its period every month, but other than that, I love it, and just need a carb rebuild. That 88 is in better cosmetic shape than mine, too. Definitely check it out.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
I purchased my scoot for $500 and all it needed was a battery but unfortunately there was $524 in past registration due. Proceed slowly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Whether you part it out or fix it/sell it/ride it... you cant go wrong!!!! Id buy it if I lived a couple states closer then Texas!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Can you seriously get lot of $$ for parting these bikes out? I'm not sure how. I've seen motor/trans go for $300. How is anything else worth anything? Just asking because if I could part mine out for over 700 I def. would. I don't believe the parts could add up over $500.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Final drive runs $100 and up depending on need and supply. Tanks, depending on condition, can go for $80-100+, it adds up. But it takes some time to remove and pack the stuff too.;

1 - 12 of 12 Posts