Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have collected a number of handy 3D printed models. Some I used as is, but many I modified specifically for the Vulcan 750.
The forum does not allow uploading .zip files, so it was renamed to a .txt file.
Rename the file to .zip to open.

The following are unmodified interesting pieces that I found:
A beer can holder (not designed to mount on the bike, but handy non-the-less).
Throttle wrist rests of varying size (I found the best size is something at least 0.1 inches smaller than the grip).
A cup holder (requires the mounting piece below to clamp onto handle bars).

The following were custom made for the Vulcan 750:
Cup holder mount (available for mounting on either horizontal or vertical sections of the handle bars).
LED Mount (designed to mount standard LEDs on a standard 3W star PCB into the turn signal housings. It places the LED in the same position as the factory bulb, to retain use of the factory lens and reflector.)

The LED mount MUST be printed such that the LEDs would point horizontally, and the mounting tabs sticking out to the sides. Windows 10 will open the file in this orientation by default. Printing it with the LEDs pointing up & down results in a structural weakness.

I plan on using Cree XM-L RGBW LEDs.
They can be used as a white LED with the factory amber or red lenses.

And eBay has clear lenses

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nice, thanks for the share. I'm gonna have to look at these and maybe print a cup holder for the bike. My buddy has a 3D printer and is happy to share it with me (so long as I compensate with hard cider =D)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts