Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Heat is a sign of some sort of resistance. What shape are the connectors (if any) between the stator and the r/r plug in? Some have soldered these together to get a cleaner contact dielectric grease isn’t a bad idea for the connectors either.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
If you have the Clymer’s manual. There is a section in the electrical chapter that outlines the stator tests, it’ll take you through the ohm tests(resistance) across the 3 leads as well as the voltage outputs. Besides those tests I would do continuity tests with the 3 wires unhooked to the plug going into the r/r.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Yes with r/r unhooked the 3 yellow wires are connected to the 3 stator leads. Carefully unhook the 3 bullet connectors and test the wires going between the bullet connectors and the r/r plug. There should be no resistance across the leads. A basic continuity test on a meter will beep when it reads continuity if it has that setting. If not just use the ohm test and it should read 0

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
The choke definitely helped but wast a cure all for my bike. I did the mod and this summer has had multiple heat waves and no starting problems whatsoever. Just be sure to put sealant on the cover when you’re done. The stock seal didn’t hold up after I popped it off the first time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.