Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin to do this ONE more time this year...will sortta be the same, stopping at Mikey's gallery, then going to OCC, but were gonna bypass PJD (waste of time), and will take a different route TO Mikey's, and a different route back from Gullys....got it all planned and specked...needs to be on a weekday though, else OCC is a waste......
Brother Tom...whan ya get back from yer shore run...pick a date, or a cuple...and add em....we're gonna DO this ride again before the snow flies !!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
so you already went to OCC once, how was the 1st visit?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was boring as heck...mostly just a store with all the TV bikes on show...an OCC visit HAS to be done on a weekday when "hopefully" the shop is busy...
The stop at Mikeys gallery in montgomery was great... and lunch at Gullys was same as its been for 30 yrs....awesome....
And of course, the ride with my good friends was best of all, even if we didnt have a destination.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Was boring as heck...mostly just a store with all the TV bikes on show...an OCC visit HAS to be done on a weekday when "hopefully" the shop is busy...
Couldn't agree more....boring!
My daughter lives near by so I've been to the original store (Mikey was there on a Vespa scooter :) ) and the new. Nothing to get excited about.
Now Gully's??....that's different....I'm in!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Next time yer up my brother, guess where we're havin lunch !!!!...was great too, because after, we took the twisties on 218 from Cornwall to West Point...had we more time, couldda stopped there too...but you wouldnt be interested...its just the Army, lol.... ;)
I used to go there to watch USAF vs Army games (I had a congressional appt to the USAFA...dumbazz me turned it down...little did I know)...they had 2 (Marine)F-4s do a fly by at halftime once...was awesome because they hit their afterburners, then went back up the Hudson. Back then the USAF was flying F105s outta Plattsburgh AFB...spent a lotta time there...got rated on the M-16..."Home of the Thud'...shame they shut it down.... :(

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here's where its at...what its all about...the whole ball of wax as Hank Fonda stated In Sometimes A Great Notion.....
Good friends, good times, and brotherhood !!!!
I was used to ridin with big groups...clubs mostly...sometimes up to 150 bikes....but this make things tighter, closer...more meaningful...

If you look close, you can see Pauley spying on us thru the blacked out glass, right by KC's butt (we werent supposed to be there, but said "screw it")....I think its a great statement....3 japper bikes in front of PJD, lol..."artistic'...Im a Harley guy at heart, had em my whole life almost, but this pic is awesome !

...KC, ya need to grow s'more hair...gonna be a cold winter, lol....

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
My hair was long in that photo...lol

I am waiting to hear if V2K picks a date and if I can go....I will!
Also wonder why all the others don't chine in...where are all you riders out there? don't care what you ride....just come out and ride already!!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...some of these guys talk the talk...then get scared of walkin the walk...sad, but true...sokay brother...we got out tight lil group...it would be nice to add a few to our rides tho....I even been givin the VN750 card I got to locals with similar looking Hondoos and such...no replies yet....even gave 2 cards to Vulcan owners....they all must be chickensheits....oh well, we got US ~!

·
Registered
13 Posts
haha that pic is great, and some good ones in your photobucket

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We all spent, what, prolly 4-5 hrs together, right ?....not all riding either....just havin a great time, seein stuff, etc (Mikey Teutels asst was hot !)....thats what rides are about....not just "point A to point B, then back"...waitress at Gullys looked like an older Melissa Joan Hart....fun, friendly woman too...I kept tryin to get her to sit on my lap to read me the menu (I lost my glasses on the way)....lol
Just...a day of crazy azz fun....bikes, good friends, good food, great riding....what more can anyone want........besides mebbe my Wolfie Burgers...

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Well we will get it all worked out soon and pick a week day if possible this time. I am going to contact Anthony so we can work out a day and then we will check with you to be sure you are free. I also want to set up a ride possibly at the Water Gap area so we can get PA, NJ and NY riders all meeting for lunch in one spot and then go back our separate ways after a short ride together. I know you are familiar with the area and can work out details for the groups to meet and then a short ride within that location before we all go back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
did they have the new OCC cafe done yet? current episodes are showing it start, so not sure how far behind the shows are taped then aired

what did you think of the bikes? some of them are very nice, art work, but i'm not sure the crazy $100,000.+ or whatever they get for em. hard to believe even in person i'd be so impressed with the bikes i'd say yup they are worth that

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually already have a Water Gap ride mapped out Tom. Will post it up soon. Been real busy with parts bikes, fwd controls, etc. Controls almost done btw. Just need some tweaking.

what did you think of the bikes? some of them are very nice, art work, but i'm not sure the crazy $100,000.+ or whatever they get for em. hard to believe even in person i'd be so impressed with the bikes i'd say yup they are worth that
Wasnt any Cafe there...and the bikes were all the ones they did for the show. And like Jesse James said (much as I dislike him) few of OCCs bikes are really ridable. Just eye candy, and mabbe short rides on the weekends. No way any of em could be daily riders. Check Merc's link for his pics in my writeup of the first ride. He took at least one shot of every bike there.

·
2,494 Posts
I actually already have a Water Gap ride mapped out Tom. Will post it up soon. Been real busy with parts bikes, fwd controls, etc. Controls almost done btw. Just need some tweaking.

Wasnt any Cafe there...and the bikes were all the ones they did for the show. And like Jesse James said (much as I dislike him) few of OCCs bikes are really ridable. Just eye candy, and mabbe short rides on the weekends. No way any of em could be daily riders. Check Merc's link for his pics in my writeup of the first ride. He took at least one shot of every bike there.
I have been in touch with Anthony and we are trying to come up with a date. Weekdays are very difficult for him so maybe we hold up on the OCC ride till the spring time and try to set up the Water Gap ride soon. I would like to see a few groups start out from different locations and meet there for lunch and a main ride together before departing back to their home starting points. Maybe one group from NJ and another from NY and/or PA. Think about that one if possible. Anthony said that Sundays are his best possible days. I can manage that also every other weekend due to work.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Way I figured it, the central and So Jersey guys, even the NYC crew could meet up just on the Jersey side of the Gap, ride up to Milford, PA on 209 and meet up with the NY and Pocono crew, then we ride up along the Delaware on the NY side and pickup the central PA guys and a few Southern Tier/Catskill guys (lunch there), then cross the Delaware, end up at a nice place I know on Rt6 outside of Milford, hang for a bit (dinner), then split up and be on our ways...I'll put up a proposal with a map, and we'll see what interest we get before finalizing. Could need to tweak the route some depending on who's gonna show. We gotta remember too, the days are getting shorter.
If there's no interest from the Pennsy guys or So Tier guys, mebbe we can go to Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome, watch the show, eat, etc.

http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/

I been going there since the early 70s, and its a great time ! I know a lotta scenic roads to and from as well.

·
2,494 Posts
Way I figured it, the central and So Jersey guys, even the NYC crew could meet up just on the Jersey side of the Gap, ride up to Milford, PA on 209 and meet up with the NY and Pocono crew, then we ride up along the Delaware on the NY side and pickup the central PA guys and a few Southern Tier/Catskill guys (lunch there), then cross the Delaware, end up at a nice place I know on Rt6 outside of Milford, hang for a bit (dinner), then split up and be on our ways...I'll put up a proposal with a map, and we'll see what interest we get before finalizing. Could need to tweak the route some depending on who's gonna show. We gotta remember too, the days are getting shorter.
If there's no interest from the Pennsy guys or So Tier guys, mebbe we can go to Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome, watch the show, eat, etc.

http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/

I been going there since the early 70s, and its a great time ! I know a lotta scenic roads to and from as well.
The original portion sounds good but you have to watch that you do not add too many additional miles once we all meet up or suddenly some are doing three hundred mile total rides when they get back home. When I came up the last time I had a final of 238 miles and the actual group ride starting from your place and then back was a 100 mile loop. I am not complaining but if we do it on a Sunday I have work that night. I can go without sleep but riding in that one position gets to be a bit sore for this old man and possibly others. I do not want anyone missing out on a great ride because of the final mileage. I know your choices for stops and meeting places are always good so I have no questions there. I also know you will go above and beyond when it comes to planning this all out. I would like to have as many riders as possible able to participate in a Wolfie ride even if it is their first and last although once they get the first one under their belt they will be coming back for more.

I am interested as is Anthony I am sure. If we can work out the schedule we will be there. I do not want to miss this one. Let me know where you are with things and if I can help in some way. Thanks, Brother Wolfie.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I am up for a ride...any ride...don't care how many show up or where we go...lol

Since school started, and fall sports are in swing...my Saturdays are pretty much tied up till at least noon each week. I can free up a Sunday except for 9/23 and 10/14.

Tom and I discussed it and whatever he decides is fine with me. Just pick a date and let me know. Don't waste any time waiting for others....just pick a date and a route and post it. If anyone cares to join, they are free to do so and can post it or PM....if not, well....then it's just us again...we are never disappointed and we still have a good time anyway :smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yaaa, knowing yer distance Tom, and a few others yer way, been trying to figure a ride that would suit all as to distance. Ive had a few others kickin around too, that would keep it more south. I have no probs with that as long as we stay away from Newark and Bayonne and such, lol. I just mentally cant deal with city traffic.
Theres a great indoor/outdoor swap meet/flea market in Bushkill PA...we could meet up near the gap (I come down to you guys this time, lol), we cross the Gap, hit Bushkill, have lunch near Milford, then do a Rt6 ride too. Which is an awesome road. We can pick up a few lost souls on the way in Milford. Ride west a bit, cross the Delaware, come back to Port Jervis/Matamoras, and those who want could peel off. Ride would ultimately end up someplace near Budd Lake, NJ. That would peel off about 100 mi from my original Delaware plan. (from 300 to 200).
I'll make a post with numerous options, then see who bites.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts