Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Any interest in a 2021 Gathering in the southeast in a central location?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm in Birmingham, I'm guessing Georgia for you?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Works for me. I've done Atlanta a couple times for a concert and a camping trip to the north Georgia hills.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm in Jacksonville, FL. I would be happy to tow my bike up to Stone Mountain to meet up with some fellow VN owners depending on the timing.

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I’m in Philly as well. I’d be curious to see other folks’ 750’s if there was ever anything up this part of the country.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys,
Many years ago Vince "Uncle Gomer" Hancock hosted a gathering in Pilot Mountain, NC. Many Vulcan 750 riders came from surrounding states and participated on a couple of weekend rides and a cookout. If I remember correctly, we had riders from PA, OH, and LA. I don't recall seeing another gathering like it since. I sold my 1986 Vulcan 750 over 14 years ago and I have recently purchased another 750 but this time it is a 2003. I am in the process of getting it road worthy due to it setting idle for many years. If I recall correctly, approximately 25 riders attended the gathering. Many rode their bikes to the meet and some trailered them, but we had an awesome time just the same. The Blue Ridge Parkway was the main attractions. I will need to dig a little to get a more accurate number, but I thought I'd reach out to the group to see if there is any interest in pulling together a similar ride next year. I know this is out of the blue and short notice, but thought I'd get the ball rolling just the same. I may just need to reach out to Vince to see if he may be interested in another meeting. :) Keep the posts coming and I will keep an eye out the interest.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,770 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I'm in PA, close to Philly, so I voted NO as this gathering would be a little far for me. But if there are every any gatherings closer to me then I'm in!
I’m in Philly as well. I’d be curious to see other folks’ 750’s if there was ever anything up this part of the country.
you two form PA., may want to get a hold of OleDirtydoc on here. lookie here:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Coming out of Richmond so perfect ride for me, but, like, do we just shake hands turn around and go back home, or will we do something??

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,277 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I'm in PA, close to Philly, so I voted NO as this gathering would be a little far for me. But if there are every any gatherings closer to me then I'm in!
Might be looking into doing one this year in the tri state area

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,277 Posts
Coming out of Richmond so perfect ride for me, but, like, do we just shake hands turn around and go back home, or will we do something??
Have a Meetup at a campground and do some local riding. Might have to research the area first. Look into interesting sights in the area.

Reactions: DACataldo

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,277 Posts
you two form PA., may want to get a hold of OleDirtydoc on here. lookie here:
Gotta get some of the Buckeyes on board too...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stone Mountain GA was just a suggestion. Destination open for discussion. Ride in or trailer in. Doesn’t matter to me. I like the camping idea. I haven’t been camping in three years, but it enjoyed it when I did. New River Campground, Independence, NC. On the River and good for wading, swimming, fishing, and relaxing when not riding. Some sights have ruining water and electricity. Just another thought.

·
Registered
343 Posts
My buddies and I will be in Robbinsville, NC in August if anyone is interested in trying to connect up. We will be in town all week, staying at Two Wheel Inn and doing LOTS of riding all week long.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts