Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

2018 Gathering Annual Wolf run

11K views 51 replies 7 participants last post by  ruger 
#1 ·
So is it too early to start talking about the Gathering this year? :motorcycl

#3 ·
It was really nice where we were last year, or we can branch out elsewhere. The Kinzua State park would be a nice ride from Galeton. That bike week in Johnstown seemed like a nice area also.

#4 ·
is that the place on top of a mountain where they stargaze at night?

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

#6 ·
yes...let's find a place that is different for a change of scenery. I know Ruger and I briefly talked about finding something in the general "middle" of PA again, but never nailed anything down.
Would be nice to get others to show as well....southern NJ or NYC guys possibly??

We need to figure it out and hopefully soon. The wife has to put in for the time and the sooner the better....she has to plan months in advance to have a shot.

Ruger!!! chime in here brother.

#8 ·
Poconos are nice and Elysburg has a motorcycle museum close by, plus Knoebels Park.

#9 ·
I like the idea of Knoebels. Amusement park and camping...although it would be tough to carry the camping gear.
Is there a hotel or cabin close by that we could rent?

#13 · (Edited)
Well thats only about a 15 hour ride straight through for me and 867 miles. Don't know that the wife would sit on the back for that long.

Another one to add to the list near Elysburg is the Yuengling Brewing Company in Pottsville (50 min ride). We can tour the plant!

So to sum it up, for things we can do or not do.

Knoebels Amusement park (Free admission)
Bills Bike Barn
State parks and forests all around for some nice scenery
Yuengling Brewery

I'll go wherever everyone decides, the Lodge from last year was nice and it was Cool just getting together with everyone. :pepper::pepper::motorcycl:motorcycl:beerchug:

#14 ·
So.... Any more thoughs on this? Haven't heard from anyone lately.

#16 ·
Has a date been set yet? Whether we make it over on this ride or not, if I do go out east this year it would be great if I could take someone by the Chatterbox diner before they close. If it could be worked into the ride without much trouble, it's a pretty cool place. If not, no big deal.

#17 ·
RUGER!!! What's up brother...you hiding on me?

I wanted to hear from the Buckeye bunch so we can set up something, but no work from them.
I may have to call him and see what is going on.
OK..this is when we need someone to commit to a date and start pulling people together.

I propose a weekend run to the Chatterbox as well...we need to get there before they close the doors for good.
I haven't heard from Nitro in a while...since we got himself a house...poor bastard :).
Kenny is a New Englander now...meeh..fooking married and ****...lol
Doc...I know Doc will show up if we gather and he can get the time off....we need to make some fookin plans people!!

#18 · (Edited)
I like the idea of Knobels, we haven't been there in years. I wonder if anything has changed there.

but, the one thing I can say is that, the wife and I can not commit to anything at this time. the truth of the matter is, we will most likely not be doing any trips this summer. :frown2:

I'm sorry. I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but it is what it is.

#19 ·
let me know on the Chatterbox.my phone is currently down,so haven't been able to do much internet stuff

#25 ·
Previously, the road was simply called by what it truly is – an old, abandoned section of Route 61. A piece of Route 61 just south of the town had to be closed in the early 1990s. The mine fire in Centralia Pennsylvania posed a real threat to the structural integrity of it. Subsidence was leading to uneven surfaces and steam poured out through cracks in the asphalt.

PennDOT bypassed this section of Route 61 with an improved portion of Byrnesville Road. After it was upgraded, the bypass adopted the name Route 61, and the old section of the road was left to the elements.

For some time, no one gave much thought to visiting the nearly one mile long abandoned stretch of Route 61. However, as Centralia began to develop a following online, more curious onlookers explored the town.

One of the results was that some people found and used the open road surface as a canvas. They brought cans of spray paint and began to design on its surface.

This inspired still other Centralia PA visitors to test their artistic skills. No one knows for sure exactly when the graffiti began on the road, but it appears to have accelerated sometime after 2007. This may have had to do with the film Silent Hill coming out the year before.

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc
#26 ·
There's a camp ground near Knoebels we usually park the Trailer, called J&D Campground. I'm going to call them this week and see what dates they have open in June then I'll post them and see if anyone can make it. They don't have Cabins there but there is another campground owned by Knoebels call Lake Glory which does have Cabins available. The larger ones are around $260 per night which sleeps 8 to 10 people.

If that doesn't work out for you guys we can always do something later in the Summer.

#27 ·
OK, at Lake Glory Campground they have 2 Cabins available for weekend of June 8th, 1 Cabin for weekend of June 15th. Also are the Double Cabins which are available the weekends of June 1st and June 15th. See the link to view the rates if interested. Click here

#28 ·
Thanks for doing all the good research Shark.
I am thinking that Ruger and the Buckeye bunch are not going to be able to do a weekend trip like in the past...but I hope they can make it. I suppose we should plan something ourselves and leave room for more to attend.

I have to get dates cleared with the wife since her schedule is much more restrictive than mine. We have been to those campsites and Cabins before so I am fine with either option. I know they have a public shower and bathrooms as well as a small pool.

I am hoping to get a decent amount of people to show up and enjoy the company of some old friends...and some new ones.
Shark, you have my cell# so feel free to text me and we can talk it over and plan it. I hope Doc can make it also.

#29 ·
I'm gonna try.i just got a new phone,so, Anthony,please message me your number of Facebook messenger and I'll text you back

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

#34 ·
I think KC was good with the Knoebels Idea and visiting Centrailia, etc. I thought he was getting back to me with some dates?

#35 ·
I need you all to decide when, then I can let the wife put in for the days off. she needs to know well ahead of time to have any chance of getting the time off.

Like I said before, feel free to text or call me if we need to talk...been real busy with work...sorry!

#36 ·
Sorry Shark, been crazy busy...should calm down after this week is over.

So who is interested in a group meeting?
I am more than willing to make plans with you and your wife Shark, I just need dates so we both can schedule the time off.
Doc, Text me so we can chat. same with Shark...lol

#37 ·
At this point I'm probably looking past July and August is usually pretty hot. What do you guys think of an end of Summer meeting in September......
I'm pretty flexible so if something comes up sooner I'd probably be up for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.