·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
nope.let's start talking

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was really nice where we were last year, or we can branch out elsewhere. The Kinzua State park would be a nice ride from Galeton. That bike week in Johnstown seemed like a nice area also.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
is that the place on top of a mountain where they stargaze at night?

·
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is that the place on top of a mountain where they stargaze at night?

Cherry Springs State Park isn't too far from where we were last year. on Rt 6 Coudersport. Click here

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
yes...let's find a place that is different for a change of scenery. I know Ruger and I briefly talked about finding something in the general "middle" of PA again, but never nailed anything down.
Would be nice to get others to show as well....southern NJ or NYC guys possibly??

We need to figure it out and hopefully soon. The wife has to put in for the time and the sooner the better....she has to plan months in advance to have a shot.

Ruger!!! chime in here brother.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts

·
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Poconos are nice and Elysburg has a motorcycle museum close by, plus Knoebels Park.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Poconos are nice and Elysburg has a motorcycle museum close by, plus Knoebels Park.
I like the idea of Knoebels. Amusement park and camping...although it would be tough to carry the camping gear.
Is there a hotel or cabin close by that we could rent?

·
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I like the idea of Knoebels. Amusement park and camping...although it would be tough to carry the camping gear.
Is there a hotel or cabin close by that we could rent?
Plenty of Hotels right off Interstate 81. Plus the city of Centralia is up the road where it's been burning underground since 1962. We went there 2 years ago and were on the Graffiti highway. Pretty neat stop.
Lake Glory Campground is up the road and rents small cabins that sleep up to 6.

·
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's the link to Bill's Bike Barn. Click here

·
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The bluffs and hollows around Dubuque are a nice ride and a lot closer (to me, lol)!
Well thats only about a 15 hour ride straight through for me and 867 miles. Don't know that the wife would sit on the back for that long.

Another one to add to the list near Elysburg is the Yuengling Brewing Company in Pottsville (50 min ride). We can tour the plant!

So to sum it up, for things we can do or not do.

Knoebels Amusement park (Free admission)
Bills Bike Barn
State parks and forests all around for some nice scenery
Yuengling Brewery

I'll go wherever everyone decides, the Lodge from last year was nice and it was Cool just getting together with everyone. :pepper::pepper::motorcycl:motorcycl:beerchug:

·
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So.... Any more thoughs on this? Haven't heard from anyone lately.

·
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Has a date been set yet? Whether we make it over on this ride or not, if I do go out east this year it would be great if I could take someone by the Chatterbox diner before they close. If it could be worked into the ride without much trouble, it's a pretty cool place. If not, no big deal.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
RUGER!!! What's up brother...you hiding on me?

I wanted to hear from the Buckeye bunch so we can set up something, but no work from them.
I may have to call him and see what is going on.
OK..this is when we need someone to commit to a date and start pulling people together.

I propose a weekend run to the Chatterbox as well...we need to get there before they close the doors for good.
I haven't heard from Nitro in a while...since we got himself a house...poor bastard :).
Kenny is a New Englander now...meeh..fooking married and ****...lol
Doc...I know Doc will show up if we gather and he can get the time off....we need to make some fookin plans people!!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
I like the idea of Knobels, we haven't been there in years. I wonder if anything has changed there.

but, the one thing I can say is that, the wife and I can not commit to anything at this time. the truth of the matter is, we will most likely not be doing any trips this summer. :frown2:

I'm sorry. I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but it is what it is.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
let me know on the Chatterbox.my phone is currently down,so haven't been able to do much internet stuff

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Centralia sounds cool

1 - 20 of 48 Posts