Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Hey fellas, this just came to me: what if we have a bike show in Clinton when riding season starts in 2013. I've been to a bunch of them and they're pretty easy to organize. I know most of us don't have eye popping motorcycles but I don't think that matters. People, bikers and nonbikers alike, love to look at motorcycles and ask questions about them. I feel like we could get a pretty good turn out too. If you guys all join in and bring a buddy that would help. Each condo in the development I live in has it's own garage so there already dozens of bikers already here. Sportbike, cruiser, big 4, Harley, come one, come all!

We can even entice people to participate by doing it for charity. We'll ask each person to donate a dollar to get their ballot, give the winning bike a percentage, and donate the rest to a breast cancer foundation I'm familiar with. I have no idea WHY this just came to me but I feel like it's a good idea. There's even a gigantic back parking lot here in the development that we can probably use. If not, I'm sure the firehouse would accomodate us, they're constantly doing things like chili cook offs and what not. Plus most of them are bikers themselves!

Would you guys join in if I put something like this together?

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Hey fellas, this just came to me: what if we have a bike show in Clinton when riding season starts in 2013. I've been to a bunch of them and they're pretty easy to organize. I know most of us don't have eye popping motorcycles but I don't think that matters. People, bikers and nonbikers alike, love to look at motorcycles and ask questions about them. I feel like we could get a pretty good turn out too. If you guys all join in and bring a buddy that would help. Each condo in the development I live in has it's own garage so there already dozens of bikers already here. Sportbike, cruiser, big 4, Harley, come one, come all!

We can even entice people to participate by doing it for charity. We'll ask each person to donate a dollar to get their ballot, give the winning bike a percentage, and donate the rest to a breast cancer foundation I'm familiar with. I have no idea WHY this just came to me but I feel like it's a good idea. There's even a gigantic back parking lot here in the development that we can probably use. If not, I'm sure the firehouse would accomodate us, they're constantly doing things like chili cook offs and what not. Plus most of them are bikers themselves!

Would you guys join in if I put something like this together?
It sounds like a really good idea and should be brought up at the gathering in Jan. Maybe if we have it at a fastfood place we can get a little minimal sponsorship for the day as far as some prizes. I agree there may be only a small amount of organization necessary but there still is work to be done. It would look pretty foolish if it was all set up and only two or three bikes showed up. I would hate to see that happen (again). As I said, we should discuss this in Jan and see how much interest we get and it is your suggestion so you can run with it and know that Wolfie, KC2DGQ and I will support you in any way we can.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Hell yeah, Im all for it...prizes too (cheap ones) for best Rat, best American, best Brit....they do that at Strange Days.....
Sure, Im in....Id like part of the donation to go to local homeless Vets though....heck, I was helpin a guy that was in Korea who was livin in the woods. I finally managed to get him a place. The VA sucks.
We can even get some babes in bikinis to do a "bike wash" fer $10 per head...we used to do these charity things a lot...Nam Knights always do em...
Just lemme know, and Im there with the "best Jap Rat", lol....my damn cousin grabbed it all when my uncle died (her Dad) but he had an engraving set for brass plates (like she's gonna use the machine...greedy bitch...)...
Mebbe I can make a deal with her if she aint sold it yet...she want one of the antiques from our family's cabin. I'll do her an even trade. We can get low dollar trophies and paste the plaques onto em.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Its gotta be at a fairly public place though....mebbe even a VFW post, a K of C, or a Lions Club....they are often willing to sponsor as long as they get a cut. Im leaning towards a VFW. OR...mebbe at a VA or children's hospital, eh ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts