Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well the wife and I ran into some friends of ours last night. who had just taken a trip to the Hocking Hills last weekend. they kept telling us that they are so going on the next "Iron Maiden Run" next May! we were like great! but I think we will have to get a bigger cabin for next year! lol I think we maybe up to 14+ friends that want to ride down with us next May! :wow:

any one on here thinking about going? maybe if we get enough pep's, we could rent the Mesa Vista? www.mesavista-lodge.com/home.html

·
Registered
942 Posts
Never heard of it. What is it?

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
lol, that's a delayed responce. ;) The run takes place in Hocking Hills Ohio. Starts at Lake Logan & finnishes just up the road from there & a great BBQ Place. Here's link to the fall run. I did it last year & was pretty nice. Rain & all! It's this weekend but I won't be there this fall. Shoot for the spring!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
lol, that's a delayed responce. ;) The run takes place in Hocking Hills Ohio. Starts at Lake Logan & finnishes just up the road from there & a great BBQ Place. Here's link to the fall run. I did it last year & was pretty nice. Rain & all! It's this weekend but I won't be there this fall. Shoot for the spring!
yeah, well, here's another "delayed response"! lol

first let me say thank you to Kanuck69 for trying to answer about the "Run" but I was talking about the 2012 spring "Iron Maiden Run-to-the-Hills Run" not the "spring Hocking Hills Poker Run".

the "Iron Maiden Run-to-the-Hills Run" takes place the day before the "Hocking Hills Poker Run".

now the "Iron Maiden Run-to-the-Hills Run" starts in the Mentor/Willoughby, Oh. area. from there we ride to the Logan, Oh. area of the Hocking Hills of Ohio. that is the "Iron Maiden Run-to-the-Hills Run" :beerchug:

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My bad! I was thinking you combined it in the same. Oh well, not the first time I got something wrong & CERTAINLY won't be the last! lol
it's all good!!!!!!! I just wanted to clarify what the "run" was. :beerchug:

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
holy Kaw! as of right now we have at least up to 16 people that want to go in May of 2012! this was good news at first, because we really wanted to rent the Mesa Vista Lodge. but after we got home tonight, I was checking on rates for that lodge and I found out IT'S BOOKED for that weekend! BLAST!
so now we have to start all over again and look for another lodge to rent! ugh! I did think of "At Boulders Edge cabins", but most of their cabins are booked for that weekend too!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I vote for a longer group ride this year!!!! and yes I might bring the wife this time!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I vote for a longer group ride this year!!!! and yes I might bring the wife this time!
I'm not talking about the "Gathering". that will be in July 2012.

or did you want to go/meet us for the "Hocking Hills Spring Poker Run" in May?

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
gonna try to be at both, missed the run last year cause I won those darn rock on the range tickets. awesome concert though!

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Too each their own I guess. I know I'd sooner get together with a bunch of folks & go for a ride then go to a concert. But then again, I've never been much of a concert go'er.

Hell, just show up & go for the ride! Either way, it's always fun.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, I think we found the "cabin" for May. the "Lake Logan Lodge".

http://www.corbancabingetaways.com/

does anyone want in?

it sleeps 20, people, we are up to 14 people, maybe 16 people. lol
I was reading in the details, they max the occupancy at 20!
Me and Robert are there ,you got us in the head count?:)
oh yeah, about that cabin (the Lake Lodge), bad news......IT'S SOLD!!!! BLAST! yeah, so we had to rent the smaller one (well, now the ONLY one) that they have. we maybe able to fit you 2 in. it all depends on who's all going. we still have to hear from 1 couple if they are able to go or not. also, the wife just told me last night, that there maybe another couple who wants to go too! crap, sometimes I think it will never end! lol
but not to worry, I believe we will be able to get every one in or at least work something out.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts