Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yeah, I know it's early. but 2011 will be over in less than 3 days! so, why wait until the last minute?! lol besides, believe it or not, things are booking up for July 2012 in the Hocking Hills already!

so, therefore, I would like to get some ideas about what people think.......

please tell you what you think would work the best for "Lodging", for the "2012 Hocking Hills Gathering";

1) staying at "AT BOULDERS EDGE" again next year?

or

2) staying at a "LODGE"? something like this; www.mesavista-lodge.com

or

3) staying at a motel? all of us at one motel. the kind that has the doors to the rooms on the outside facing the parking lot. this way we could book all the ground floor rooms and (more or less) "take over" the parking lot.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
mesa looks nice but I dont think it would be big enough if we have the turnout like last year. I liked boulders edge but I'll be jumping on a cabin early this year. dont think I can handle the teepee again and I know I cant handle those "solar showers"!!! I shower in the morning and the moon doesnt quite warm them up enough for me!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
mesa looks nice but I dont think it would be big enough if we have the turnout like last year. I liked boulders edge but I'll be jumping on a cabin early this year. dont think I can handle the teepee again and I know I cant handle those "solar showers"!!! I shower in the morning and the moon doesnt quite warm them up enough for me!!!!
I could go for a motel or the boulders edge again ,but I'm with Wib, the tipi's suck and the "boys" ain't been the same since that lunar shower,brrr!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wib & Denny...I can't believe you boys are dissin' my accomodations from last year!

Psssst....save me a cabin room, please.

John

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the Mesa was just an example. we wouldn't have to have it there. but at a lodge like that. one that could sleep more people. there are a few in the hills that sleep up to 35 people! the idea would be that we would all be under 1 roof. that was more or less what I was going for.
anyways, thanks for the feedback! keep it coming.:smiley_th

I could go for a motel or the boulders edge again ,but I'm with Wib, the tipi's suck and the "boys" ain't been the same since that lunar shower,brrr!
I would love to have it at boulders edge again, but I agree, the tipi's were not so good. lol also they only have 3 cabins and the lodge. I don't think that would be enough for all the people that want to go and stay in cabins.
but I'm sure I could find some other spot that has more cabins, enough to fit everyone who would like to come. I guess I should have listed that as an option. :doh:

Wib & Denny...I can't believe you boys are dissin' my accomodations from last year!

Psssst....save me a cabin room, please.

John
hey John, can you believe those guys?! dissin' your wonderful accommodations from last year?! lol
not to worry. I've got you down for a cabin! lol well, that is if you ever get that bike running and you show up and stay this year! lol :beerchug: j/k

this is all good feedback. keep it coming. thanks.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
lol i'll be needing more time off this year... and i'll definately be needing a bed, by shoulder and back were stiff for a week.
hopefully next year ill have the wife's bike done so i can ride down solo(comfortable). loved the cabin tho, would love to be in another one.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol i'll be needing more time off this year... and i'll definately be needing a bed, by shoulder and back were stiff for a week.
hopefully next year ill have the wife's bike done so i can ride down solo(comfortable). loved the cabin tho, would love to be in another one.
yes, I think more time off from work, would be a good idea for you, since this year we will be adding a day to the Gathering! woo hoo! :smiley_th

now as for you needing a bed......come on, when I was your age, we would sleep on boulders all night and get up the next day and do some jumping jacks from such a good nights sleep! lol

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
yes, I think more time off from work, would be a good idea for you, since this year we will be adding a day to the Gathering! woo hoo! :smiley_th

now as for you needing a bed......come on, when I was your age, we would sleep on boulders all night and get up the next day and do some jumping jacks from such a good nights sleep! lol
another day? definitely air conditioning and a bed is in order:)

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
yeah but when you were my age did you have 2 jacked up shoulders and a bad ankle? lol i'm falling apart at 23...

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah but when you were my age did you have 2 jacked up shoulders and a bad ankle? lol i'm falling apart at 23...
no, I can't say that I did.
all that at 23?! man, you are falling apart! lol :doh:

but not to worry, you are first on the "bed only" list! lol

·
Yahoo VN750 Group Owner
261 Posts
Having a place where everyone could stay under one roof would be stellar! With a hotel, you lose the ability to have a potluck/cookout event. I thought I read in the fine print of that lodge there are no motorbikes or ATVs allowed....

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Having a place where everyone could stay under one roof would be stellar! With a hotel, you lose the ability to have a potluck/cookout event. I thought I read in the fine print of that lodge there are no motorbikes or ATVs allowed....
i read that too, hopefully they are talking about dirtbikes. hocking hills are all about bikes. but they might not want "the image" LOL

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ture.

i read that too, hopefully they are talking about dirtbikes. hocking hills are all about bikes. but they might not want "the image" LOL
as for the "no motorbikes" thing? first, I was only using that lodge as an example. there are other lodges down there that we could stay at also. second, I have emailed that lodge about that and was told that motorcycles where ok, they just don't want anyone doing any "off road" riding on the property.

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
At this point in my life, I'm all about comfort and a good night's sleep! :) So, a nice lodge or cabin is the way to go, IMHO.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Yup, A lodge I think it is! Now to find the right one that won't break the bank. I'm thinking we'll only make it for two days again but I'll keep you posted on that.

Damb it. I'm getting excited already. lol Thank goodness the spring poker run comes first so we don't have to wait quite so long for a good time like that!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing all you people again too.I am starting to get antsy already too.When is the Spring Poker run this year?I'm sure that has been posted on here somewhere already,I just ain't finding it right now,:doh:

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm looking forward to seeing all you people again too.I am starting to get antsy already too.When is the Spring Poker run this year?I'm sure that has been posted on here somewhere already,I just ain't finding it right now,:doh:
come on denny, your killing me!
just kidding. yes, it's posted under this;
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19809

but anyways, the spring poker run will be Saturday May 19, 2012.

we also can't wait to see again too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts