Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

where would you like to stay at for this years Gathering?

• at "At Boulders Edge" again this year

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, it took a few times, but I think I got it right.

you may vote for more than one choice also.

I am really just looking for some feed back and what/where I should be looking to have this years Hocking Hills VN750 Gathering.
thanks for the info.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a few nice big ones here, would be nice if there are some smaller ones right by for those that wanted a little more privacy.

http://bookings.oldmanscavechalets.com/
yup. that was 1 of the many places I have looked at and considered.
I am also looking at an other place and I am working on getting more info right now.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
should be one more coming with me and Robert this year and BTW Robert told me to say Hi to every one and that we are all looking forward to July,He is in for a Lodge or cabin also. We all would prefer ac and a real bed it appears,let us know when you get the particulars sorted out.

On a side note the three amigos are planning a road trip in May or June to visit a friend in Houston,with a side trip to New Orleans on the way down,shaping up to be a good summer,woo hoo!!Our friend in Houston is taking us out for a day or two in the Texas Hill country and the Three Sisters are on the agenda also.If any of you TX boys might be interested in meeting up ,let me know and I'll get in touch with you when we firm up the dates.

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
I liked Boulder's Edge last year, but no wonder ~ I had a nice cabin to myself! So I voted for the other 3 options. Each would work. I agree with the WIBster ~ privacy is nice ~ so separate rooms is a must.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I think a large lodge with a couple big common/rec areas would be sweet. the pool room was a nice place to hang but to have one "in" the actual lodge would be better! those places are pricey but not bad at all once divided amongst a bunch of people. something like great wolf lodge minus the waterslides would be great.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
what does every one think of this place?...www.cedargrovelodging.com

they have 6 cabins and 1 (what they call a) "lodge", all on the same property.

this is from their web site; Our Cedar Grove Retreat property is located only 1/2 miles from Old Man's Cave with easy year round access from SR 664. This property has 6 cabins and a lodge that combined can accommodate up to 38 guests within the same property.

could this place work?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
what does every one think of this place?...www.cedargrovelodging.com

they have 6 cabins and 1 (what they call a) "lodge", all on the same property.

this is from their web site; Our Cedar Grove Retreat property is located only 1/2 miles from Old Man's Cave with easy year round access from SR 664. This property has 6 cabins and a lodge that combined can accommodate up to 38 guests within the same property.

could this place work?
yes it could work,but i would check to see where "designated smoking' areas are,and see if they are "motorcycle friendly".The lodge seems great price wise also,but the cabins seem a little on the high side to me,but if I can be in the lodge I don't care .I just don't want to walk out away from the lodge to smoke my pipe,out on the porch or patio is alright.but I do like it.:smiley_th

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
yes it could work,but i would check to see where "designated smoking' areas are,and see if they are "motorcycle friendly".The lodge seems great price wise also,but the cabins seem a little on the high side to me,but if I can be in the lodge I don't care .I just don't want to walk out away from the lodge to smoke my pipe,out on the porch or patio is alright.but I do like it.:smiley_th
good call on the "smoking thing"! blast! why didn't I see that?! :doh: anyways, I will look into that. every cabin I have ever looked at in the Hills, they all say the same thing about smoking - 'no smoking in the cabin, but smoking outside was ok'. I can't see why you wouldn't be able to smoke your pipe on/in the "breeze way" at the lodge or "outside" any of the cabins. but not to worry, I will get the inside scoop on the whole "smoking thing".

now, as for the price on the cabins? that's what I thought too! but it seems in the last year or so, the prices on all the cabins have gone up! blast! so, yeah, their rates are just about the same as any other cabins in the Hills! therefor, if any one is concerned about the cost of a cabin (like me!), then you may want to look into booking a cabin with some one and that way "split" the cost. I believe this is why "Lodges" are becoming more and more popular in the Hills. one could stay at a beautiful/huge "Lodge", that has a lot more to offer than smaller/more private cabins and work out to be the same cost or sometimes even
cheaper place to stay in the Hills!

so, again, good call denny! that was something I didn't think of/missed! so if any one else has any concerns about anything else, please feel free to ask! this helps me help you! so keep them coming! ask away!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
that place sounds awesome, especially the big pine lodge. that and a few cabins would accomodate all of us even if we had a larger turn out this year which hopefull we will!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that place sounds awesome, especially the big pine lodge. that and a few cabins would accomodate all of us even if we had a larger turn out this year which hopefull we will!
true. but, the Big Pine Lodge is NOT on the same property as the other cabins! that lodge is MILES away form all the other cabins! so that may not work out so good for a "Gathering". the whole idea was to keep people together. lol

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
LOL Nobody wants to sleep in a TeePee again! lol

What was to total count of folks who came & stayed? I'm thinking we should base it on that (with room for more) for the lodge requirments.

Have you checked with Michelle at the ranch if she knows of any large capacity ones?

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
boulders edge was nice but from the look of the polls, its getting no love!

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
maybe we are all down to try somewhere new. i just know i need to keep looking for a definate date so tye missus and i can file for vaca time.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Well the cool thing about the poll is it shows 19 prospective members going & if we included spouses & such that's quite a few. I'd guess close to 30 easy!

It's got to be a big lodge!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL Nobody wants to sleep in a TeePee again! lol

What was to total count of folks who came & stayed? I'm thinking we should base it on that (with room for more) for the lodge requirments.

Have you checked with Michelle at the ranch if she knows of any large capacity ones?
boulders edge was nice but from the look of the polls, its getting no love!
maybe we are all down to try somewhere new. i just know i need to keep looking for a definate date so tye missus and i can file for vaca time.
lol yeah, I think you got that right! no more TIPI'S! LOL :doh:
but for real, I would love to have it there again, but they just don't have enough cabins to go around or a big enough lodge!

as for the date? it's coming really soon! this is why I needed this info! so I know what to look for and to make sure it's not booked for the dates we want!

as for checking with Michelle at the ranch? yes, she is helping me out again this year. I get a lot of inside info from her about a lot of the cabins and places down there. she is just the greatest! :smiley_th

Well the cool thing about the poll is it shows 19 prospective members going & if we included spouses & such that's quite a few. I'd guess close to 30 easy!

It's got to be a big lodge!
as for the poll? Kanuck69, you do know that people could vote for more than 1 choice, right? only 10 people have voted so far. but I believe we could be up to 17 people that would go as of right now!
now, the # of people who "came and stayed" at Boulders Edge is 22! I think we can beat that # this year!

as for it being a big lodge? most of the lodges are booked already! that is why I am looking into places that have more cabins.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
ok, denny6006, and any one else that is a "smoker". this is what info I got about the whole "smoking thing";
Smoking is permitted outside the cabin,(there are sand filled ash trays out on the porches,) but not on the inside.

also this;
Yes, they are definitely "biker friendly". I talked with Deb, who is in charge of the cleaning, laundry, etc. for Cedar Grove. Her suggestion is that they rent out Cedar Hill, and that will give them the parking for the bikes they need. Then they could rent any of the other cabins and leave the bikes parked there, (if they are not comfortable riding the gravel drive). Also, if this is in the summer, there will probably be walking paths back to the other cabins, and there may be more paved parking by then.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
That sounds like a good place so far. Don't wait too long!

As for the poll. No I didn't realize you could vote more than once. Most of the polls I've seen are locked to one vote. Not fare to vote more than once! lol

I know the last time I looked into motel/hotels down there they were like $150 a night. Were as with the lodges we're closer to $100 a night (group rate). Which sounds better to you!? lol

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
That sounds like a good place so far. Don't wait too long!

As for the poll. No I didn't realize you could vote more than once. Most of the polls I've seen are locked to one vote. Not fare to vote more than once! lol

I know the last time I looked into motel/hotels down there they were like $150 a night. Were as with the lodges we're closer to $100 a night (group rate). Which sounds better to you!? lol
sorry about the poll. lol I thought everyone knew that. :doh:

as for the price of the motels down there.....well, only have 4 choices! 2 are nicer, have indoor pools and both go for over $125 a night. the other 2 don't have pools and are old and out dated. but they are cheaper ($60-$80 a night) and clean.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
well, i for one am not a fan of public swimming so its not a deal breaker for me. All i care about is a nice bed and facilities for the wife. and you know even if we end up getting a motel it dosent mean we lose the ability to do a large meal. we can always cook out in one of the beautiful parks or wherever.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts