·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rides for the Gathgering

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I vote for the loop that starts at Michelle's and back to through the park with some stops at some of the caves, and Lake Logan ,you know the rte. numbers better than me

·
Registered
278 Posts
I know absolutely nothing about the area, so I'm trusting you guys for the roads and routes. Let's ride!

John

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
sorry. I screwed this up! I was working on making this a "poll" at lunch today at work and ran out of time.

what I was going to ask was......does anyone like to hike? I was thinking on Friday we could do some short rides (like what Denny6006 is talking about) to some of the "hot spots" and then at each spot, taking a short (less than 20 min.) hike to see the sites.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE;

I just got an email from Renee, she said that the last Tipi has been BOOKED!
she said that there is 1 cabin left!

looks like we may hit 20 people yet!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And that's just at this location. Isn't there a couple more cabins a stones toss down the road. Come on folks, lets make it 30! ;)
yes! there is a cabin right down the road. it's like the next drive down the road. Renee said it's less than 1/8 of a mile.

we could still get 30 people in at Boulders Edge. there is room in some of the tipi's and still room in the lodge.

·
Registered
166 Posts
im fat i dont like to hike lol!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
sounds like a plan my man lol

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im fat i dont like to hike lol!!!!
me too, but we can hang together and talk about all those that do while we wait on 'em :)
this is why I asked if any one liked to hike. I thought there maybe a person or 2 that for what ever reason didn't like or couldn't hike.

I wasn't going to plan any long hikes. just a few, all less than 20 min.. but you will have to take the 10 min. walk to Old Man's Cave. nobody can go to the Hills and NOT see Old Man's Cave!

but if there are people that don't want to hike, then they are more than welcome to stay behind and wait for the rest of us. there are many places to sit and just enjoy the beauty of the parks by the trails.

it's all good! :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
this is why I asked if any one liked to hike. I thought there maybe a person or 2 that for what ever reason didn't like or couldn't hike.

I wasn't going to plan any long hikes. just a few, all less than 20 min.. but you will have to take the 10 min. walk to Old Man's Cave. nobody can go to the Hills and NOT see Old Man's Cave!

but if there are people that don't want to hike, then they are more than welcome to stay behind and wait for the rest of us. there are many places to sit and just enjoy the beauty of the parks by the trails.

it's all good! :smiley_th
He is right even I have seen Old mans Cave,LOL

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd have to agree. Old Mans Cave should be a stop. It's easy to get to & not really much of a hike at all. Some of the other spots are however a little more of a walk.
well then, you haven't seen Old Man's Cave like I have! lol

yes, Old Man's Cave can be a simple walk in the park or it can be one hell of a workout! trust me! we've done both!

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
I was thinking on Friday we could do some short rides (like what Denny6006 is talking about) to some of the "hot spots" and then at each spot, taking a short (less than 20 min.) hike to see the sites.
That sounds good to me.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts