Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yep, should work just fine. Nearly every part is interchangeable between all years with maybe the exception of the 1985 to later years due to the difference in engine size. Even then, parts outside the engine will be interchangeable.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yep, should work just fine. Nearly every part is interchangeable between all years with maybe the exception of the 1985 to later years due to the difference in engine size. Even then, parts outside the engine will be interchangeable.
85-06 are all the same bike, except minor variances... the finish is bare on the vn700 instead of chrome on some of the aluminum (ie seat rails and fork ears) and the vn700 has a black motor and wheels. the only real (as far as i am aware) difference came about due to harley davidson. h-d was hurting from japanese bike sales taking so much of the market, and managed, in the mid 80's, to have their lobbyists get a tarriff passed through congress that imposed a pretty stiff import tax on the jap bikes, to level the playing field to h-d's advantage. the japanese, being the very clever people that they are, simply sleeved down all of the 750 models to 699 cc's to avoid the tarriff. so the cylinder is the same, simply sleeved, and with smaller pistons. the law was pretty much total crap and was undone a couple years later. thus, you will see honda had a vf750r in 1984, which became a vf700r in 1985 and went back to vf750r a couple years later. i might not have every date and model and fact 100% correct but that is pretty accurate as i have researched it for my motorcycle salvage business. now you know who to thank for the vn700. thanks a lot harley. stupid law.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts