Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 VN750 and it recently started to make a knocking sound in the motor and when ever its cold the clutch makes a grinding noise until the bike is fully warmed up. I'm fairly new to motorcycles so any help is appreciated.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
The clutch noise is what is called the coffee grinder syndrome and is fairly common is the other noise in the top of the motor or the bottom down by the shifter.if it's the top its probably the automatic cam chain tensioners.look up the Grambo trick.if it's down by the shifter it's the balancer bushings and the motors gotta come out to fix.now how about an introduction in the newbie section so we can get to know ya a little

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The clutch noise is what is called the coffee grinder syndrome and is fairly common is the other noise in the top of the motor or the bottom down by the shifter.if it's the top its probably the automatic cam chain tensioners.look up the Grambo trick.if it's down by the shifter it's the balancer bushings and the motors gotta come out to fix.now how about an introduction in the newbie section so we can get to know ya a little
Thanks for the response. Yeah i believe the knocking sound is coming from the right side on the bottom of the engine. How do i go about on the newbie section?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Go to the vn750 news section.in there is the newbie section

1 - 4 of 4 Posts