Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One owner, completely stock, never been down, slightly under 7k miles, in excellent condition. Bought it for my wife but she's decided she'd rather be a back seat rider than a driver. Includes owners and shop manual. Located just outside Elmira, NY. Asking $3400/BO or trade for dual sport or UTV.

Attachments

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Asking $3400/BO or trade for dual sport or UTV.
Good asking price..... though B/O will come along.

WilliamTech

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
It is over NADA/KBB value, but not by a huge amount. It's the riding season, so that's a healthy place to start. Don't be surprised if somebody comes with a NADA or KBB printout and wants to get the price close to it, though. I do stuff like that anyways.

Clean looking bike, too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the price is a good starting point. I'm getting ready to sell my 2001 with about 7500 miles always lived in a garage and I'm thinking of asking less but not a lot. I know KBB is lower, but look at craigslist and see what bikes in good running shape go for. Even a good running smaller bike is going for 2500 around here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
price lowered on 2005 Low Mileage VN750

gee, you guys are tough! I'll throw in a like new Slipstreamer windshield (more touring than cruiser styled) that came off my suzuki w/ 109 miles on it. $3100.
scott

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...never know though...someone with either an 85 or 86 with high miles might wanna upgrade...
But example : I got my 85 for $600, and it was ridable and running...another $300 into it (thanks to my neighbor), and its good to go with 20k when I got it. 23k now, in less than a year.
So.......I think yer prolly looking more at around $2800...and sell the windshield as an extra. Still a good 3 months of riding weather left here in the NE....so mebbe try dropping it more slowly...and just a hint, if yer putting it on Craigslist, put it in a neighboring area with a higher population. More will see it then. So, if yer in Elmira, next big town is Binghamton or Oneonta, right ?...try posting it in the Albany area. Or even Hudson Valley CL...HVCL goes from Rockland Co, almost up to Albany. Thats a lot of coverage. And if you get more than one account, you can post in multiple areas....

·
Registered
323 Posts
Paid $3,300 for my 2005 with 2,200 miles on it. Fair asking price but the previous comments are valid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sold?

Looks like it's going to a local rider. I'm taking his daughter's 2005 KX100 (original tires, looks like new) on trade plus $2000. Figure I'll sell the KX sometime between now and Christmas.
Thanks for your comments one and all, guess I needed a slight reality check on price.
scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts