Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
For a 2004 that sat outside, it's in remarkably good shape. What part of the country are you in? Doesn't look like it was exposed to that much humidity.

You've done quite well so far. You'll definitely be putting in some time, energy and money into getting it into tip-top shape, but it looks like it'll be worth it!

Can't wait to see more updates from you!

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
Yea I was pretty surprised at the condition, for 600 bucks it was a steal. I am in Pittsburgh, PA. We have a decent amount of humidity but nothing like other places. Definitely worth the time and money. I'll keep this post updated. I am going to try and start the ear shave in the next two weeks.
Totally agree. If you couldn't get it running, you'd be able to part it out and quadruple your investment....

But we'd rather see her revived! Have you given her a name?

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
So I did check to see if the carbs were getting gas and it is. But I did notice one of the throttle valves isn't closing and opening properly. So it might be there. I definitely want to repaint her when I get her fired up and running. I saw this midnight blue with silver flecks on a vn750 once and loved it.
Probably not a bad idea to just completely tear down the carbs, cleaning as you go. I had to learn the hard way that even the tinest little speck of grime can completely disable a bike. Well, good luck!

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
Excellent restoration work, the bike looks very clean!
What did you end up doing with the engine guard?

I would agree. Start fresh with a fully cleaned set of carbs. The carbs are pretty reliable with regular usage.
Wait, engine guard? I didn't know these bikes had engine guards? Got a pic?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts