Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Good Folks,
I joined this forum when I bought this bike over the winter. But I'm not much of a poster on forums. If after reading this, you would like to see pictures, please PM me and I will email them or text them to you.

I have never owned a cruiser before and this was a bit of a gamble for me, after a few rides this year, I realize I need something different. The seating position isn't quite right for me, I prefer to have my feet underneath me more like on a sport touring bike, or a dual sport or gold wing.

I am the 3rd owner, the 2nd owner bought it last spring from the original owner. Last spring between the first and second owner, it had new tires and a tune up and brake pads, anything it needed. The original owner then realized his health was turning for the worse and could no longer ride, was very sad he could not ride it anymore and sold it in the spring of 2019.

Just turned over 10,000 miles on Friday July 3rd.

Legitimately runs and starts flawlessly from my perspective. Choke, idle, clutch, throttle response, shifting, stopping, everything is great.

Had new tires, brake pads, and a service last spring from the first owner. Ready to ride right now, needs nothing to be safe and ready. Took it for a 200 mile ride with my 8 year old son on 7/3 and it worked perfectly.

The only actual issue I am aware of, is that sometimes the neutral light doesn't come on. It does come on every time with the center stand down, and intermittently otherwise while riding or on the side stand.

It has leather saddle bags with the chrome frames, the leather fork bag, and they are all in very nice shape with good velcro. Has the passenger tall seat with back rest, and rear chrome rack too.

Says Showa on the shocks, has some kind of schrader valve on those, no idea if those are factory or not.

Has a smoked windshield and mounting hardware, but i have not installed the windshield, so I don't know how it works, assuming just fine.

Has Vance and Hines pipes, sounds nice, though its too loud for my taste. Bring ear plugs for your ride home.

Wonderful shape, no dents, never been dropped that I can tell. Rides totally straight.

One of the plastic side covers had the "V" in Vulcan snagged off from a boot looks like. It has a bit of surface rust on the chrome header bolts and flanges. Some side case rub marks from your boot. No rust otherwise or significant scratches or dents, tank looks great, no rust inside. Exhaust pipes, chrome and bright metal look great, mirrors are perfect, etc. Shaft drive and wheels are clean.

All in all it shines up really really nicely for a 16 year old bike.

There is some staining in the v of the engine, from what looks like the varnish of oxygenated fuel that maybe spilled in the past?? Not sure. No leaks of any kind.

The plastic parts and paint on the bike are not faded and it shows that the previous owners took good care of it. So have I.

I would really like to trade for a Suzuki DR650, or perhaps a sport touring or touring bike. Possibly a larger cruiser if the leg position was better.

Otherwise I am asking $2500 or best offer. I can pick you up at the Minneapolis/St.Paul Int airport for a fly and ride if you would like. I am in southern MN.

There is no lien on it, and the only snag is that with the Covid stuff, our DMV was closed for months. I did transfer the title 4 or 5 weeks ago when they opened, hopefully the new title will be here soon.

Thanks for your time!
Dan W.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts