Mustang seat
Windshield
Saddlebags
Travel luggage
Some other smaller upgrades
All maintenance items are said to be in excellent condition

Opinions on ballpark price??

#2 ·
My opinion, based on prices in my area, would be about $2800. Could be as much as about $3200 depending on condition. The book value plus accessories would be more than that, but due to availability of used bikes, they never bring that. I paid $2400 for my 04 with higher mileage and it had hardmount Saddlemen saddlebags w/tank bib and relocated signal lights. Hope this helps.

#3 ·
I'd go wtih that, $2400-$2800. The higher price if in perfect shape.. ( no dings, no scratches , etc) Wipe the tank off with a soapy rag to make sure there are no bad scratches being hidden by wax.

10,000 miles in seven years seems a bit low...ask how often the bike was ridden.

KM

#4 ·
I paid $3000 for my 2001 Vulcan with just about 6500 miles on it, it was in mint condition, i guess the only aftermarket stuff it had was windshield and luggage rack.
I don't know, i might have overpaid, but i got it from a friend, i put $1000 down, and made monthly payments of $120 till it was paid off, that was the only way i could have ever gotten such a bike. I have bad credit with banks, could have never gotten a loan for it, but my friend trusted my to make the payments, and i never ever missed one. Well payments were due on the 25th, but i paid the christmas payment on the 27th, he was fine with that, lol.
Any, the bike was in great condition, always stored inside, kept cleaned, etc.
So my bike an 01, bought in 08, it was 7 yrs old, for $3k, now an 03 bike and its 2010, its 7 yrs old, I would still ballpark the price at about $3k or so.
Just my opinion. But miles and shape make a difference.

Peace
So for an 03 in great shape,

#7 ·
I probably wouldn't go higher then 3k, but it sounds like the guy has a nice bike. Hopefully your able to talk him back down to a reasonable price.

#8 ·
x2, keep an eye on it for a while. The price will probably come down. Good Luck!

#10 ·
Hey, I see you are new to the forum, so welcome from S. Tenn., these folks are good with about any help you need and are ready to help you out...
Have a good one...(the other Old Dog...lol...)

#12 ·
JMO, but I wouldn't pay more than $3200 and that's if the paint is excellent.

#13 ·
I would try for 3K myself. From the description he has already replaced the R/R. Might even ask him if he's member here. If so, that's a plus.

#14 ·
#15 · (Edited)
Hey flap!

I think that the unfortunate thing about the VN750 is, that since it was made vertually identical for 20 years, the newer bikes are worthless in comparison to the older bikes. What I mean is, you can get over 2K for a nice '93 Vulcan but a 2006 isn't worth much more simply because it looks the same. Age or mileage doesn't really seem to be a factor on these bikes. BUT, if the bikes' design had changed from time to time, then that would not be the case. The newer ones would be worth significantly more. That's the way it works with cars. It's really like saying a 1993 F-250 should be worth the same as a 2006 F-250.......WHAT? Try getting away with that one!

That's the major down side to making the same vehicle for that long because it naturally deflates the value of the newer ones. It's great because you can get one cheap, but it sucks because everyone else wants yours cheap too! It makes no sense, but it's human nature.

Cheap, however dosen't always mean good. Personally, I think that age and mileage should be everything! Low milage on an older model is not necessarily a good thing. For instance, if the '93 has only...say...2400 miles on it, then it has been sitting most of it's 17 year life! So, chances are that hidden damage or excessive wear has occured from dry starts, internal moisture leading to rust, battery corrosion, fuel varnish problems, etc. A 2003 with 10k miles problably won't have any of those issues because it has been ridden enough to prevent such storing problems. You're way ahead right there! What's that worth?

I think it is an injustice to the VN750 family to haggle someone down on price simply because other people have done it. Something that is newer and in great condition should be worth a more, shouldn't it?

So, do I think he's asking too much? Nope, I think it is a fair price. (and no...it's not mine!..lol). The main thing is whether or not you love the bike (but don't loose your head)...I wouldn't worry so much about what other people paid for theirs....they're going to loose money when we sell theirs, same as you.

I don't expect everyone to agree or disagree, but IMO, I think that we all spend too much time trying to get something for nothing yet few of us are willing to get nothing for something....think about that.

So good luck and.......Ride on, Dude!

#16 ·
Nice post! While I don't agree with all your points, some are very astute imo. Your signature, however, is very cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.