Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice 2003 VN 750 with a broken drive shaft and drive hub. The shop I took the motorcycle to estimated it would cost $1,600 to fix it. Instead of fixing it I am going to offer it for sale. Someone that can find used parts and can do their own work would have a nice bike. The motorcycle has 35,000 miles and everything else is in good shape and runs strong. It has been kept in a garage. I can send you pictures via email. Make me an offer I'll say yes or no.
email at: [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
1600 to fix.. thats a lot of profit....

hit ebay for the final drive and driveshaft (or just coupler usually).. parts should be a couple hundred or less... if your even a little bit handy with tools, you can fix that yourself

·
2,521 Posts
I have a nice 2003 VN 750 with a broken drive shaft and drive hub. The shop I took the motorcycle to estimated it would cost $1,600 to fix it. [/email]
I bought my 2002 for $1000 with a broken drive and less than $200 later and an hour of my time I was riding it. It would really be worth your while to sell a running bike if you really want to get rid of it.

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
Saw a shaft with coupler on Ebay for $26.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Used final drives are far and few in between. I've seen the on eBay for as high as $250 and as low as $100. Keep in mind year and spline conditions.

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
I'm not sure about that, I've seen quite a few since I started cruising Ebay for parts, some were priced really low and didn't look bad.

If I see someone with low priced parts, I look at their other items or search their store, I see many good deals that way.

May be bad timing right now, but I found one at $125/make offer and one at $150/buy it now. Use various search terms, like final drive, rear drive, rear gear... people list them different ways.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Kawasaki+VN750+rear+differential&_ipg=200&_sop=15&_osacat=10063&_from=R40&_pcats=6028,6000&_sofindtype=22&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=Kawasaki+VN750+rear+drive&_sacat=10063

1 - 8 of 8 Posts