Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
12K miles. I paid $2900.00 just a few months ago and added over 300 bucks in new Dunlops, new glass matt battery, new fork bag, new highway pegs, has engine guard and luggage rack. Installed good used final drive from dealer in Ohio. Asking $2800.00 OBO. Send a PM or E me at [email protected]. Located in Birch Bay WA, at the very NW corner of the state.

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, you don't have 600 bucks worth of accessories:

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/kawasaki/vn750-a18-vulcan-750/2002-kawasaki-vn750-a18-vulcan-750/suggestedretailvalue/

I sold my 2002, seven years ago, for 3,200. Progressive shocks, luggage rack, Plexistar windscreen, drivers and passenger floorboards, custom passenger backrest, custom dash with clock and voltmeter, progressive fork springs, And AGM battery with charger. 11,000 miles.

But hey, there's one born every minute right? ;)
No, but I have around $350.00 in accessories and another $670.00 in new tires, Glass matt battery, and a good used final drive. I either get 3 g's or I keep it. I'm in no rush to sell it. And you'r right, there is always someone willing to pay your price.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
$3k might be a little high, but I'm sure you'll sell it... maybe next spring. Good luck.

·
Registered
118 Posts
KBB bases it's MC prices on expected vehicle mileage, and a dealer sale - they expect a 2002 to have 38,500 miles if my calculations are correct. Honestly, IMO, your price is probably fair, but a dealer may also throw in a 2 or 3 month warranty. I didn't expect to get $1400 (full asking price) for my old '86 Nighthawk 450 (24,000 mi) last year but it wasn't on Craig's list for 2 weeks when the right guy came along. You should think about taking $2800, but if you are firm on $3000, you should ask $3200. I think just about everyone expects at least a little wiggle room on a private sale - My buyer being the exception (prolly woulda taken $1200).

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
No, but I have around $350.00 in accessories and another $670.00 in new tires, Glass matt battery, and a good used final drive. I either get 3 g's or I keep it. I'm in no rush to sell it. And you'r right, there is always someone willing to pay your price.
I'm down with your logic, but you can't expect a buyer to pay for tires, battery and the final drive. Hell, doesn't everyone here have an AGM battery and a working final drive....? ;)

Sounds to me YOU paid to much for the bike yourself...:)

·
2,521 Posts
I'm selling my 2002 for $2,300.00 and am getting ZERO inquiries right now. I was going to go as low as $2,000.00 if someone offered. I'm sure in the Spring the interest will be more but I didn't want to wait that long.....

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
Yeah, my friend at the dealership once told me, depending on he bike, you should take off about 10% off your asking price at the end of the summer.

As there aren't many buying bikes in fall, it's not the best time to sell. Those looking to buy are expecting a good deal, so in some ways it can be a good time to buy.
The end of April is the when most look to buy however.
(Guess they are spending those refund checks)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Having looked at NADA I have decided to ask $2600.00 for it. Not what I would like but I have to be realistic. I paid $2900.00 just a few months ago and added over 300 bucks in new Dunlops, new glass matt battery, new fork bag, new highway pegs, has engine guard and luggage rack. Installed good used final drive from dealer in Ohio. Asking $2800.00 OBO. Send a PM or E me at [email protected]. Located in Birch Bay WA, at the very NW corner of the state.
[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I have a 2002, with the backrest, rack, real Kawasaki hard leather bolt on saddlebags and the Kawasaki saddlebag mount/turn signal relocators. Runs beautifully. But has 84,000 miles. It has been seriously over maintained since I bought it new, but I did not keep any records. It would be worth less than $1000 on Craigslist because of the mileage. But just to look at it you wouldn't think it had over 20,000 miles. How did you wind up with a used final drive at 12,000 miles? Mine is still original.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a 2002, with the backrest, rack, real Kawasaki hard leather bolt on saddlebags and the Kawasaki saddlebag mount/turn signal relocators. Runs beautifully. But has 84,000 miles. It has been seriously over maintained since I bought it new, but I did not keep any records. It would be worth less than $1000 on Craigslist because of the mileage. But just to look at it you wouldn't think it had over 20,000 miles. How did you wind up with a used final drive at 12,000 miles? Mine is still original.
The previous owner failed to lube the splines at 6000 miles like he was supposed to. The splines were worn but not totally unusable. I replaced the final drive with one that I got off E bay for $275.00 including shipping, just to be on the safe side. And I will lube the splines every time when I change out the rear tire if I keep the bike.

·
2,521 Posts
2002 must have been a bad year for spline lubing at the factory, I got a pretty good deal on my 02 not ridable with worn splines and replaced mine for $150.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Having looked at NADA I have decided to ask $2600.00 for it. Not what I would like but I have to be realistic. I paid $2900.00 just a few months ago and added over 300 bucks in new Dunlops, new glass matt battery, new fork bag, new highway pegs, has engine guard and luggage rack. Installed good used final drive from dealer in Ohio. Asking $2800.00 OBO. Send a PM or E me at [email protected]. Located in Birch Bay WA, at the very NW corner of the state.
[/QUOTE] Just replying to get it back p to the

Just replying to get it back up to the top

·
Registered
242 Posts
Your right on the money with your price late model VN's have
actualoly went up in price here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts