Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
Ok, makes sense. That's how it's been with the mirrors on other bikes I've owned too. I just wanted to make sure before I put these in a vise and try to free that nut up. Both are so stuck that it's going to take some significant force to free them up. I didn't want to break them in the course of trying to budge something that wasn't meant to budge.
Try some lube or cleaner down beside the stem, road dust and grit can collect in there. Even soapy water can help.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Try some lube or cleaner down beside the stem, road dust and grit can collect in there. Even soapy water can help.
That did the trick, thanks! I put some B'laster on there and was able to free it up enough to make the desired adjustments.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, I’m halfway there, I finally picked up the AT-205, I went to Autozone and walked the isle for 10min. Finally I stopped a guy in the store and showed him my phone and said where do you guys keep this? His response “well according to your phone it’s at “Advanced Auto Parts”. Oops, wrong store! But at least they are only a block away from each other. Now I just need to wait for this seemingly endless rain to stop.

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
Well, I’m halfway there, I finally picked up the AT-205, I went to Autozone and walked the isle for 10min. Finally I stopped a guy in the store and showed him my phone and said where do you guys keep this? His response “well according to your phone it’s at “Advanced Auto Parts”. Oops, wrong store! But at least they are only a block away from each other. Now I just need to wait for this seemingly endless rain to stop.
Rained all weekend here, so good luck with that! quack quack :p

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
Send the rain south. Hasn't rained here in over a month and the ground has 1/2" cracks in it.

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
Yes, if you weren't in central to south Florida, the Carolinas or farther north, Ian didn't provide a drop. At least the weather is turning cooler!

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just an update here. The label states that a full bottle will treat 6 qts of oil, so I used more than half. I watched a few YouTube videos on this stuff and one stated the product works best after about 5 hours of running. Well for various reasons it’s been tough to log 5 hours of runtime. I think I’m close but I still see a few drops after every first run.
Is it a pipe dream to think this eventually will work?

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I haven’t really tried anything else yet. It’s not leaking a lot so it’s more annoying than concerning(for now). I took the easy route 1st with the additive but checking the bolts shouldn’t be too hard. I didn’t touch the drain plug yet as I want to change the oil soon anyway.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts