Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

2-3 drops, drives me nuts!

3K views 34 replies 8 participants last post by  Buddy 
All my bikes are 'classic/vintage' so I use AT-205 reseal in the oil to condition the seals. Works great! Before using it with a wet clutch, I contacted the manufacturer. They assured me there would be no issues with our clutches because the product doesn't contain any friction modifiers. It really works

Attachments

How does this stuff affect orings and gasket leaks.I'm afraid more than one of my "drops" are coming from either a bad oring or spot on a gasket that has failed to completely stay sealed over time. I really need a nice looking diaper to slip under the motor as opposed to the cardboard I slide under her when I remember in the garage.
AT-205 works on rubber O-rings and seals. Not with gaskets. My 83 Goldwing had the typical smoking after start-up. I used AT-205 once about two years ago and she hasn't smoked since. It also stopped a main seal leak at the front of the engine.

My brother had a AMF 1200 Super glide. It spent more time in the shop for warranty repairs than on the road. But, it would be worth done serious cash in today's market if he would've kept it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.