Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Lebanon, NJ
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here in NJ I accomplished several things today. Gave the bike a nice run, got her filthy and almost got blown off her.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
At least you got to ride, if you were on her for more than 8 seconds you win! Stay safe and enjoy the ride.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I went for a nice ride yesterday also, felt good to get back on after this cold winter.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
It was 64 in Baltimore today, I got 100 miles in today and 40 yesterday. It's bloody summer already and I'm loving it!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I finished putting the bike back together and got in a 108 mile ride yesterday. It was my second good ride of 09!:rockon:

·
Kawika
441 Posts
I got in a nice ride today, too...it was warmer yesterday, but went down to see the cycle show. I really liked the vulcan 900 classic...the 900 custom se has a real narrow front tire.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Sounds like it was a good weekend for riding. I got in a few miles yesterday as well. Roads here were pretty clear - just had to avoid some ice that remained in the neighborhood in some of the really shady areas. Actually had my winter gloves on and my hands got too hot!

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Today I freed my Vulcan from its winter coat and hit the road for the first "real ride" of 2009 -- 50+ miles on Sunday, February 8. It was sunny, low 50s, and just a little wet here and there from the snowmelt. And no bugs on the windshield! :smiley_th

At the end of the ride I topped off the tank with fresh gas, poured in a dash of Seafoam, and attached the trickle charger. There will be more warm-enough winter days before spring!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm from Columbus, Ohio and I had my first ride today also. I even had time to fix the mailbox someone ran over. The person who ran over the mailbox didn't even have the courtsey to leave a note... Go Figure.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Weather in Portland, OR was beautiful yesterday; warm and sunny. I was able to get a nice ride to and around Sauvie Island. Today was back to cold weather and now (7:15pm) it is raining.

·
Registered
802 Posts
A little breezy here this weekend, but otherwise nice weather. Saturday, had to run to the store. Made a 3 mile trip into a 60 mile ride. :D

Sunday, filled the tank and hit the highways and biways. Got back to the house and had put 120 on it. Really wanted to keep going, but it looked like rain was heading our way. Did start to sprinkle a bit about 10 minutes after I got back.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
It was 59 and sunny here in Philly yesterday. I gassed her up and put about 70 miles on her. It was windy as hell, especially along the river. Great ride though, lookin' forward to more days like yesterday...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
The streets are clear enough to ride, and I saw a few bikes out on Saturday. I sure wish my leg was healed up so I could get out there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
" I'm from Columbus, Ohio and I had my first ride today also. I even had time to fix the mailbox someone ran over. The person who ran over the mailbox didn't even have the courtsey to leave a note... Go Figure. "

Maybe it was the mailman.
:doh:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I finally managed to get out for awhile today!!
For the most part, the road were pretty dry, but there were a few wet spots and plenty of cinder, sand, salt and gravel spots to watch out for!
Certainly felt good to be out again!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts