Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi VN750 Riders,
I bought a 96 three weeks back and its turning out to be quite a bike. 7300 miles plus 550 so far. Doing some stuff, with your help for sure. Giving sweat labor and all and that's fun too. I had a great ride this morning and hope you did as well.Gotta go and check the plugs...

I'm gonna try and ride the wheels off this thing!!

-Brendan

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Welcome to the group. As you are discovering, it's a great bike!

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Welcome to the group.
I bought mine about 3 yrs back with 12k, now it has 36k on it. Tons of enjoyement.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan Madness.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I'm gonna try and ride the wheels off this thing!!

-Brendan
Welcome but...

CHECK your splines on the drive shaft for grease, my 95 was dry. A shaft drive bike sure is nice for touring and town but if you ride it like your 10R chances you will grind the splines off.

DT

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome but...

CHECK your splines on the drive shaft for grease, my 95 was dry. A shaft drive bike sure is nice for touring and town but if you ride it like your 10R chances you will grind the splines off.

DT
Thank you.
I spent 150 miles at around 70-85 mph on the freeway.Hope that's not too excessive.Would like to go two-up occasionally as well.

This is a good maintenance job to bump up to top of the list.
I will do it this week, doesn't look too hard.

The VN is my daily ride. My car died a couple months back and I'm trying to go full-time biker rather than buy another cage.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Thank you.
I spent 150 miles at around 70-85 mph on the freeway.Hope that's not too excessive.Would like to go two-up occasionally as well.

This is a good maintenance job to bump up to top of the list.
I will do it this week, doesn't look too hard.

The VN is my daily ride. My car died a couple months back and I'm trying to go full-time biker rather than buy another cage.

Welcome to the Vulcan madness. I wish I lived where a bike could be my daily commuter ride.
I worked out the speed vs. rpm on the vn750 from a formula off this site last week.
http://www.msgroup.org/Tip.aspx?Num=094&Set=
(MPH= (ENGINE RPM x RADIUS / FINAL GEAR RATIO x 168). <Gear ratios listed in table 1 at the end of chapter 6 in Clymer manual>

5,000 rpm will give you just over 70 mph. General concensus here says the vn750 speedo reads a little fast. Changing out to a 110/90-19 front tire on the next new tire will just about make your speedo correct. Changing over the rear tire to a 170/80-15 will drop your rpms by about 500 on the highway, and give you a little better fuel economy, great for a daily commuter.:smiley_th

1 - 7 of 7 Posts