Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone this morning i tried to start my bike up and it wouldnt start. It was just cranking and then started to lose battery power. Is it the battery???
This first couple of tries trying to start it it wanted to fire but wouldnt. I heard very low sound backfire but then nothing then the battery started to die.

Pleas Help Me

·
Registered
114 Posts
You might as well pull the battery and check fluid level if it's a wet type. Depending how old the battery is you could charge it and try to start the bike again. If the bike starts right up then you might start considering a new battery in the near future before it happens again when it's late at night and you get stuck someplace. For a good peace of mind - better to replace the battery and go with the (MF) type if you have not already...

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
ya i am buying one tonight. what tools will i need to remove the battery?
Usually there's a bolt or phillips head screw holding on the battery cover/handle. Take that off. Then there are phillips head screws holding the terminals onto the battery. Take off the negative terminal first, then the positive one. When you put the new battery in, positive first, negative second. Don't forget to put the cover/handle thing back on, and you should be good to go!

Do you have a voltmeter? You might just give the battery a quick voltage check and see what your reading is.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks Cindy for answering the question. I was digging around trying to find my Clymer book to double check which terminal comes off first. I always break out the book and check it before I remove the battery. Can never remember which terminal goes first.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Thanks Cindy for answering the question. I was digging around trying to find my Clymer book to double check which terminal comes off first. I always break out the book and check it before I remove the battery. Can never remember which terminal goes first.
Word has it that you'll "learn" which was is correct only if you do it the wrong way. :wow:

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
do NOT rely on a screwdirver to tighten up the terminals.

don't ask.... btw, the VN750 is not much fun to push off a busy road to do repairs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts