Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a 1998 Vulcan 750. It appeared to run and start fine when I bought it. (I am an entirely new rider, and this is the bike that I was intending to learn on, just for reference). After riding it for a short while, I attempted to move from a stop on a slight slant. I ended stalling a few times, after a few attempts the bike would not start up again. I heard a fast clicking noise coming from the starter solenoid, so I assumed that the battery had died. I have fully charged the battery, with it reading between 12.6 and 12.9 volts on a full charge. I continued to have the same issue of the battery dying after only a few stalls. I began visually inspecting some of the cables within the battery housing, and noticed that the RR looked pretty shot. I ordered a cheap replacement off of ebay, and wired it in. I made the mistake of assuming that I had fixed the issue, and rode it to the gas station, where it once again died after about two or three stalls. Did some testing on the battery today, at idle and higher RPM the battery is reading at 15.5 volts, which seems really high. I am not sure what my issue is at this point, I have considered that my stator might just be shot, but I would like some advice before I go down that rode (;.

Thanks,

also not sure if this is at all related, but the bike has not been sounding great lately, and is back-firing a ton in first.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts